Used 2007 Audi S8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi S8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 5.2L V10 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

Fantastic vehicle
By sguillen

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Incredibly fast when in "S" mode. Comfortably seats 5. Great interior craftsmanship. Even my wife said she could see what was "so special" about the car. Definitely consider Certified Pre-owned if available because potential repair costs would be astronomical.

Engine. Interior craftsmanship.

MMI/GPS required updating, which has been done in all Audi vehicles starting with 2010. Better bluetooth functionality.

The perfect all-weather supersedan
By mountainMan

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

After 3 years in a Porsche 911 Carrera S, I decided I'd been battered & deafened long enough. The S8 is the perfect replacement - a coddling, comforting living room when you need peace and quiet. But when you need to scream, it will gladly scream for you. The baritone bark of the V10 is unrivaled by any other luxury sedan, and the acceleration is phenomenal, with quick "whomp whomps" of the paddle shifted transmission. Yet, unlike the 911, the S8 feels utterly stable -- no wiggly sense of instability or choppiness. On the highway, it is impeccable, quiet, yet ready to blast into triple digits at a moment's notice. It is subtle looking, yes, but people still notice it due to rarity.

Intoxicating power and sound from the V10. Adaptive headlights, infrared-sensing locking that unlocks the car for you as you reach for the door handle. Spacious, supremely comfortable and achingly beautiful interior. AWD and height- adjustable suspension for deeper snow. Incomparable B&O sound.

The pop-up MMI screen is neat, but a little jerky in operation. Small side mirrors make rearward vision a bit tough. Long front end takes some getting used to -- but then, I'm coming out of a Porsche 911.

Outstanding Vehicle!
By Mark

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

This is the most outstanding car I've ever driven. I also own a Mercedes SL600 (with a Kleemann power upgrade) and in the morning, I find myself reaching for the S8 keys. This car is a very fast sedan, but what I really love about it (besides the all wheel drive for Wisconsin winters) is that it is so comfortable to drive and that the dash layout is so simple and intuitive. This is the first sedan that I have ever found to be exciting to drive. The paddle shifters are way cool.

The ipod interface is wonderful!

Gas mileage over 14 mpg? I guess if you want a Lambo v10 engine, you can't complain about gas mileage.

Refined experience for refined tastes
By I recommend it

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

I traded my 997 to to get what I perceived to be a peaceful luxury car that delivers a violent, soulful motor on command. I couldn't be happier. No more annoying tire noise competing with the sometimes flatuent, contrived exhaust note. Instead I get full luxury (including double-paned windows and felt lined wheel-wells to ensure tranquility) punctuated by refined violence upon driver demand. I also get an ipod interface and bluetooth. When I miss my 997 I can always take out my 87 911 for a visceral run. And when I really require a jolt my F355 delivers without fail. The S8 is always the car I reach for first... that says a lot.

The motor. Period. The calm interior is also worthy of mention (unless you dip a wee bit too much into the throttle and bathe yourself in the thick Italian growl burbling from the V-10 Lambo motor). Haven't grown tired of the engine (not exhaust!) note after 12k miles.

The steering could be more communicative/responsive. Not a big deal though. The throttle is also a bit touchy as many journalists have said. But you quickly adapt. Again, no big deal unless you have driven it for only an hour or so. Then it seems odd...until you get used to it.

Big disapointment
By mark stamm

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

I bought my S8 because I believed it would be a fun-to-drive, relatively light weight fast sedan. It has ponderous handling, shifts erratically, and is full of insanely complicated, useless electronics. The suspension lowers itself after parking, so that the car has to be parked rear-end-first so the front doesn't hang up on the curb. I tried to give it back the 2nd day I had it, but Audi refused, as S8s are special order.

It's a very good looking car.

Too many to catalogue, but trimming down the thoroughly useless electronics would be a good start. The car has a 400 page operating manual plus a 200 page manual for the MMI.