2007 Audi S8 Sedan Consumer Reviews

2007 Audi S8 - Consumer Reviews

quattro 5.2L V10 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

2007 S8 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Fantastic vehicle
By sguillen

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Incredibly fast when in "S" mode. Comfortably seats 5. Great interior craftsmanship. Even my wife said she could see what was "so special" about the car. Definitely consider Certified Pre-owned if available because potential repair costs would be astronomical.

Favorite Features

Engine. Interior craftsmanship.

Suggested Improvements

MMI/GPS required updating, which has been done in all Audi vehicles starting with 2010. Better bluetooth functionality.

The perfect all-weather supersedan
By mountainMan

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

After 3 years in a Porsche 911 Carrera S, I decided I'd been battered & deafened long enough. The S8 is the perfect replacement - a coddling, comforting living room when you need peace and quiet. But when you need to scream, it will gladly scream for you. The baritone bark of the V10 is unrivaled by any other luxury sedan, and the acceleration is phenomenal, with quick "whomp whomps" of the paddle shifted transmission. Yet, unlike the 911, the S8 feels utterly stable -- no wiggly sense of instability or choppiness. On the highway, it is impeccable, quiet, yet ready to blast into triple digits at a moment's notice. It is subtle looking, yes, but people still notice it due to rarity.

Favorite Features

Intoxicating power and sound from the V10. Adaptive headlights, infrared-sensing locking that unlocks the car for you as you reach for the door handle. Spacious, supremely comfortable and achingly beautiful interior. AWD and height- adjustable suspension for deeper snow. Incomparable B&O sound.

Suggested Improvements

The pop-up MMI screen is neat, but a little jerky in operation. Small side mirrors make rearward vision a bit tough. Long front end takes some getting used to -- but then, I'm coming out of a Porsche 911.

Outstanding Vehicle!
By Mark

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

This is the most outstanding car I've ever driven. I also own a Mercedes SL600 (with a Kleemann power upgrade) and in the morning, I find myself reaching for the S8 keys. This car is a very fast sedan, but what I really love about it (besides the all wheel drive for Wisconsin winters) is that it is so comfortable to drive and that the dash layout is so simple and intuitive. This is the first sedan that I have ever found to be exciting to drive. The paddle shifters are way cool.

Favorite Features

The ipod interface is wonderful!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage over 14 mpg? I guess if you want a Lambo v10 engine, you can't complain about gas mileage.

Refined experience for refined tastes
By I recommend it

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

I traded my 997 to to get what I perceived to be a peaceful luxury car that delivers a violent, soulful motor on command. I couldn't be happier. No more annoying tire noise competing with the sometimes flatuent, contrived exhaust note. Instead I get full luxury (including double-paned windows and felt lined wheel-wells to ensure tranquility) punctuated by refined violence upon driver demand. I also get an ipod interface and bluetooth. When I miss my 997 I can always take out my 87 911 for a visceral run. And when I really require a jolt my F355 delivers without fail. The S8 is always the car I reach for first... that says a lot.

Favorite Features

The motor. Period. The calm interior is also worthy of mention (unless you dip a wee bit too much into the throttle and bathe yourself in the thick Italian growl burbling from the V-10 Lambo motor). Haven't grown tired of the engine (not exhaust!) note after 12k miles.

Suggested Improvements

The steering could be more communicative/responsive. Not a big deal though. The throttle is also a bit touchy as many journalists have said. But you quickly adapt. Again, no big deal unless you have driven it for only an hour or so. Then it seems odd...until you get used to it.

Big disapointment
By mark stamm

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

I bought my S8 because I believed it would be a fun-to-drive, relatively light weight fast sedan. It has ponderous handling, shifts erratically, and is full of insanely complicated, useless electronics. The suspension lowers itself after parking, so that the car has to be parked rear-end-first so the front doesn't hang up on the curb. I tried to give it back the 2nd day I had it, but Audi refused, as S8s are special order.

Favorite Features

It's a very good looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Too many to catalogue, but trimming down the thoroughly useless electronics would be a good start. The car has a 400 page operating manual plus a 200 page manual for the MMI.

Not a bad car
By edward

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

I wanted a car that was good in the snow but also had good performance, this fits the bill.

Favorite Features

Pickup, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

Great!!
By Jack

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

The is such a great car! I bought an S550 4matic for myself, but there just wasn't enough power there for me. I saw the S8 drive by and my son (who is 13, and knows a lot about cars) told me I had to check it out. So we drove right to the Audi dealership, and ordered it. I have since given my wife the S550, and she wants to have my car. I really enjoy this car, and it is powerful, and has the fourwheel drive. We live right outside of Philly, and we do get snow so that four wheel drive is great to have. It you can buy it I would definitely recommend doing so.

Favorite Features

I find the MMI easy to use, I love the the fact that it has 450 horses and is still 4 wheel drive, and I love the car in general.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of is maybe a DVD player in the back for children (the Range Rover has that and it is awesome).

Blown Away by the S8
By JBrem

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

The S8 is the German automobile perfected. Flawless engine, superior ride and handling, classic styling and the absolute best interior available at any price point. Compared to the Jaguar XJ8 much more refined. Compared to the BMW 750/760 better in almost every way ergonomically. Also far superior interior. Compared to the Mercedes S550 again the interior is more luxurious and the engine blows the S550 away.

Favorite Features

Audi's MMI system is head and shoulders above any other. The B & O stereo is phenominal for a car system. MMI, keyless, soft door close, cornering lights.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders - that's my only recommendation for improvement.

2007 Audi S8
By Bot1

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

I decided that maybe Audi had just created the perfect luxury car. After 3k miles I believe they have. It is perfectly silent when you want it to be. Want to be sporty? One or two down shifts and a tap of the right foot and you know you are in the right car. The electronics are well thought out too. Handling stuns. The throttle is not too sensitive. No problem (did they fix it?). Looks? Subjective, yes, but it makes a very discrete statement. I am very happy my S8. And I don't miss my 997 a bit.

Favorite Features

Motor. Motor. Motor. Upon acceleration you hear the motor, not some contrived exhaust note. It is not loud; it just strikes the right note. Kind of like the BMW-powered Range Rovers. Refined muscle.

Suggested Improvements

The steering does not right itself quickly after a turn. I understand it is related to the 4WD. If so I will accept the trade-off gladly.

This car was built for me. Incredible!!
By johnnyb

2007 Audi S8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)

I traded in a BMW 645 Cabriolet for the S8 and at the time was worried that I might miss the BMW. After 4 days of driving the S8, I can honestly say that I made the right move. And I moved up in a big way.

Favorite Features

Engine, handling, quattro, AMI interface for iPod, interior second to none with alcantara headliner, brakes, MMI, trunk, wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Update the Adaptive Cruise to the level in the Q7 (great vehicle too). Otherwise a perfect exection of an incredible sedan.