2002 Audi S8 Consumer Review: Amazing

2002 Audi S8 - Consumer Review

quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Amazing
By drb 968 on

2002 Audi S8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this with 49,000 miles a few months ago. What an amazing, comfortable car. It handles nearly as well as my Porsche 968 cab, but is so much more comfortable & quiet! Bose Stereo/Nav is rubbish and will be replaced in the next few weeks. If the chance to look at one comes your way, make the effort.

Low profile - it does not shout "look at me". The interior is a really nice place to be, and the handling is quite amazing. The quattro system feels very secure in rain.

None so far

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By lucky1234
on 12/23/15 13:49 PM (PST)

This was my car & my review at the time. I later discovered that the car came with a sealed transmission - not generally serviced. As I had spend about $5,000.00 on a audiophile grade stereo, I wanted to keep the car. It cost about $1,500 to have the transmission serviced. I thought I was good to go, but the engine came unglued at 118,000 miles. About the same as the life expectancy as the transmission. The car was never abused and was dealer maintained. Seems there the truth in engineering is based on planned obsolescence, and darn good at that. Recommend you check out my reviews on the Audi 2014 q5 TDI & 2015 SQ5 both of which are crap.