Used 2014 Audi S7 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi S7 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 4.0L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 7-speed Automated Manual - (2 reviews )

25,000 mile review
By Stephen

2014 Audi S7 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is my 4 th Audi since 2007. The S7 is fantastic. It's cramped in the back. And it's not as comfortable or as quiet as my A8. It gets around 18 mpg. But beyond that, it's fantastic. All of the great techno-baubles Audi has been delivering for several years now. Fortunately, mine does not have the bioptic adaptive cruise feature. I spent a day with a new A8 loaner with it and didn't like it. The S7 also does not have the Eco engine cutoff feature that the other A7 models have. I find that feature distracting.
The S7 is very quick and while not as able on snow as my old 8 it seems sure footed on wet streets. It does misbehave in deeper water because of its wide tires.
The 7 has been a great car with only one problem so far. The air suspension is making a BWEEP! noise when the car runs over bumps for the first few miles every morning. Audi acknowledges that they are aware of the problem and they acknowledge that my car has that issue but they say it is a comfort issue and not a safety issue. They have no recommended service for the issue. Having replaced the air suspension system on my old 8, $10,000+. I'm skidish about air suspension issues. They are treating the issue as though it is an innate behavior of the car but only one axle is doing it and the problem has evolved over the last 3000 miles. If the suspension had always done it, I wouldn't be as concerned. Audi service has been exemplary since 2007 when my dealer told me my oil burning A4 was "within specs". This is my first disappointment with them since. I will probably trade it in to avoid having a big problem in the future. But would still strongly consider Audi. Unfortunately, most of their luxury models have air suspensions. I've always considered them to be ticking time bombs, and of relatively little use.
One more thing, mine does not have the super-tech package with all of the adaptive cruise control stuff. It was only priced in the low 90s. A very impressive, well optioned car at that price point. Occasionally, I consider buying another M or an AMG and I'm always astounded at how much more expensive they are than their corresponding S.

S7 Engine Malfunction Fault
By s7george

2014 Audi S7 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

Engine Malfunction Light came on after 60km. 4 months later and 8350km and 3 more times of the fault light coming on Audi can only say that it is a set of
circumstances in the fuel system that causes low pressure and the engine malfunction light to come on. Audi has changed the pressure switch and the fuel pump numerous times now but with NO success.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Very discouraged with reliability and Audi not being able to isolate problem and fix it.