Used 2013 Audi S7 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi S7 - Consumer Reviews

Prestige quattro 4.0L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 7-speed Automated Manual - (2 reviews )

S7 Heaven
By larryinbh

2013 Audi S7 Sedan Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have had my S7 for two weeks now and it is an amazing vehicle. I just got rid of my Porsche 911 as I decided I needed a little more refinement with my driving experience. The S7 is explosively powerful, quiet, nimble and incredibly fun to drive. The blend of driving performance, technology and comfort is astonishing and I could not be happier in this car. I get more stares and more comments on my S7 than I ever did on my 911 and that is something a car nut like myself also appreciates ... people say "I love your car" and I say "So do I, thanks!"

Favorite Features

I have the IR night visions system which I love, I feel safer and far more informed as I drive at night. The B&O sound system is ridiculous to be honest, the best stereo I have ever had and it's in my car, truly unbelievable clarity and tone and volume of sound.

Suggested Improvements

I just love this car, possibly the finest I have ever owned. It is practical, gorgeous, fun to drive, safe, enables me to do business while I am on the road and it accelerates like few cars I have ever driven. Is it expensive? Oh yes it is. Is it worth it ... I must say yes.

Luxury Sport Sedan
By rxs7

2013 Audi S7 Sedan Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

As a driving/car enthusiast the S7 is the best of both worlds. Refined and luxurious interior, powerful turbine like engine. Automated manual tranmission can be driven as smoothly as an automatic, or as aggressively as any high performance manual trans would allow. Test drove Porche Panamera 4S. Same performance with better fuel economy and less costly maintenance and sticker price. Power and speed are deceiving due to flat torgue curve almost throughout entire rpm range. Launch control is houligan's delight. Got back into my wife's MDX and thought the parking brake was on when accelerating. Smooth powerful brakes. Car drives like a smaller and lighter vehicle than what it is.

Favorite Features

Engine. Transmission. Ride. Power. Comfort. Interior design. Diamond stitching on seats. Steering. NVH is almost nonexistant. Torque vectoring differential. 20 inch wheels. Adjustable suspension. Achieved impressive 26mpg at 82mph using adaptive cruise control for over 100 miles. Google street view for navigation is cool. Steering wheel controls for MMI interface. 3G mobile hot spot for wifi. Less than 1,000 S7 imported into US for 2013 equals exclusivity. All wheel drive for enhanced performance and grip particularly when accelerating around a curve.

Suggested Improvements

All windows and sun roof should be able to be opened and closed with the key fob. Cannot download music into Juke box from store bought CD's. No USB port. Only 1 type of Apple adapter provided. Can't use key fob to close rear hatch, only to open. Fuel consumption around town with frequent turbo application yields 12-15 mpg.