2003 Audi S6 Consumer Review: This car is wonderful.

2003 Audi S6 - Consumer Review

2003 Audi S6

Avant quattro Wagon (4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

This car is wonderful.
By maastrichtian on

2003 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased this car Audi CPO. Drove it 1000 mi home - It was like a vacation. This car is perfect. Everything from the dashboard lights to the advanced braking system work in perfect harmony. Some notes: leather seats without alcantara insets are simply TOO slippery for spirited driving. I spent a lot of my trip home planted to the door because I slipped out of my seat. (Learned to offset that a little by stomping on the dead pedal.) Probably wouldn't be an issue for a wider person. Yes, you get terrible mileage. It IS worth it. If you're doing mostly highway miles (like me), you're getting about 18 mpg, which isn't horrible. City? Hopefully you don't drive very many miles :)

V8, suspension, quattro, interior, exterior. The best automatic transmission I've ever sampled, and I hate automatics. Sport automatic doesn't feel like an auto -- feels like I would drive it if it were a stick. Subtle performance styling. Turns heads without being flashy.

Nav system archaic, but I got lost once and it told me where to go. Wouldn't program in a long trip, but it gets you where you need to go. Don't like automatics, but this one is smart. VERY tricky to just crack the windows. Auto up & down ONLY-have to hold down button and release to stop window.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review