Used 2002 Audi S6 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi S6 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi S6 Wagon

Avant quattro 4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

A Real SUV
By Cornelius Scriptor

2002 Audi S6 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Probably the ultimate compromise between sport and utility -- as much room as an SUV, way more fun to drive, and any more performance would be too much for North America.

Favorite Features

Engine/transmission, suspension/handling, almost all the toys.

Suggested Improvements

Paddle shifters for tiptronic, auto lights and rain-sensing wipers

The Best
By CaddyConvert

2002 Audi S6 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned - it is a sports car with family functionality - it will get your kids where they have to go - store stuff in the trunk and will handle the road like a monster - put snow tires on it and even without the ground clearance it will burn most SUVs on slick roads - in the summer it will give an M5 a run for its money on the highway - maybe the greatest car ever designed for people who want the ability to drive a very fun car and still get the family around.

Favorite Features

The engine - the Alpaca leather interior that smells like a baseball glove when you climb in - the red glow of the dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

None.

You gotta pay to play!
By John in VA

2002 Audi S6 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

A sports car with lots of room! I talked the wife into getting it because of its inherent virtues of safety, stability, reliability, versatility, and luxury. I just wanted something fun to drive that would fit a family. You won't win many off the line against some of today's high performance vehicles, but the power delivery seems endless once you get past 60. I might as well pay in advance for speeding tickets. Maintenance/gas ain't cheap! 8 quarts of synthetic oil/$40 filter 20+gal of premium (I get 19-20 combined MPG, when I'm easy on it). Big vented brakes = big $$. Trust me - it is all worth the experience! So far it has proven to be very solid and reliable.

Favorite Features

I love the snarl of the 40 vlv 4.2L V8, handling of quattro AWD, Recaro buckets, alcantara headliner, real wood/metal trim, Parktronic, bright finish accents, decent Bose stereo (engine sounds better), terrific suspension and brakes, the thumbs up you get on the hwy from other Audi enthusiasts, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Hi beam HID is great, but lo beam HID is poor - euro spec HIDs better. 1 decent cupholder would be nice, but would detract from the superb interior layout. Stupid placement for antenna (between roof rails)!!

Nothing but Audi
By Paul_S^

2002 Audi S6 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second try for Audi after Audi 80. And I would say nothing better than this car has ever been made, even stupid-bulky Mercedes couldn't be even close by to this vehicle, I have a friend of mine who ownes S500, he really envy me. :))) although my Audi slightly smaller than his potato carrier.

Favorite Features

Interior quality, s-mode driving, ski sock in the rear seats are brilliant idea, painting of Audi is just the best among all upscale cars, it doesn't know at all what is corrosion is, even in very salted conditions.

Suggested Improvements

automatic headlights on/off, cupholders are only for a cup of espresso, nothing bigger could fit in it.

Awesome Audi
By Wicked6

2002 Audi S6 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

2 years into ownership of this car, and I have NO regrets. I cannot say enough about the performance of the little V8, even at high altitude. (I bet this would be a beast at sea level.) I have 2 young kids (6 and 3), a wife, a big dog, a little dog, and stuff to haul back and forth to grandma's house 275 miles one way - this car handles it amazingly well!!! It is perfect in every way.

Favorite Features

Handling, braking, acceleration, and overall fit and comfort. Plus it is downright sexy.