2002 Audi S6 - Consumer Reviews

Avant quattro 4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Far beyond emagination
By d. eilbracht on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Probably one of the most reliable cars I ever drove. It really was a good buy.

Disappointed
By No More Audis on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

What a shame; a great concept spoiled by poor execution. My initial car had a driveline shake that the dealer was unable to correct despite four visits within the first month. A second car was ordered and had the same problem. Audi of America called after the sale but had no comment or interest in finding the fix.

Under the radar high performance Audi S6
By Sven Hoffmann on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Audi's "Never follow" ad campain encapsulates the S6 perfectly in all aspects. The only way to discribe this car is :"it's stiff,responsive, focused & fast". The car is a decathlete in a grey flannel suit; pubesent racers will have to look elsewhere for presumptuous wings and other mutant aero appendages. With 36.4 cubic feet of luggage space and roomy interior for four adults, the S6 is unmatched in it's versatilaty and luxurious comfort. All in all this rocket lux wagon has an equal level of sports performance that will rival any BMW M or AMG sports sedan. Thanks to Len Hunt ,for giving Audi new DNA .

Nothing but Audi
By Paul_S^ on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second try for Audi after Audi 80. And I would say nothing better than this car has ever been made, even stupid-bulky Mercedes couldn't be even close by to this vehicle, I have a friend of mine who ownes S500, he really envy me. :))) although my Audi slightly smaller than his potato carrier.

A Real SUV
By Cornelius Scriptor on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Probably the ultimate compromise between sport and utility -- as much room as an SUV, way more fun to drive, and any more performance would be too much for North America.

Stealth Wagon
By happy audi guy on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I agree with the others here; this is a sports car that just so happens to be in the form-factor of a station wagon. It is extremely difficult to observe posted speed limits. Use the cruise control or you'll be sorry (only took me 2 weeks to get a ticket from a country bumpkin speed trap dude). I can not even fathom what the RS6 will be like. 450 hp? They must REALLY haul on the autobaun.

It can only get better with an RS6
By aaron@audiowharehous on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

The only thing I crave more with this car is twin turbos. If the RS6 Avant were coming soon I would be twice as happy. I just traded my S4 in on this and am glad I did so. The only thing I miss is the 6 speed but I can do without.

Family image
By peters on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This car is truly awesome! It satisfies the kids who were complaining of the rear leg room in our BMW 540i 6speed and it will satisfy any performance car enthusiast. The best feature is the quattro system. It makes all the BMW attempts at traction control look ridiculous. This car has a family image with sportscar performance. I now only need to remove the s6 badges!

Finest All-around Vehicle On the Planet
By Finman on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Power is awesome, v aggressive esp in sport mode with a perfect growl from the engine/exhaust. Tranny's v.smooth, little slow in normal mode, much crisper/quicker in sport mode. Very easy to elicit desired downshifts. Handling: light and nimble, surprising for 4k lbs. Better than S4 Avant. Suspension is very comfortable in everyday driving. Flat and firm when driven with vigor. Virtually zero body roll, pitch, or dive. Very accurate, sltly overboosted low-speed steering, perfect at high-speeds. Interior: flawless, Alcantara is very nice and grippy. Typical perfect Audi. Exterior style, especially in Amulet or Black is amazing...very muscular...

Ultimate Family Car
By ThadCo on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a 2000 S4 sedan which I loved in order to gain more room for kids. It was a tough choice, but worked out well. I love having a torquey V8 again (fond memories of youth) and it handles surprisingly well for big wagon. I can haul the family around and blow the doors almost all traffic while doing it. Sticks like glue rain, snow, or shine and feels safe. In some ways it is better balanced than the S4 sedan. Very good brakes (though not as good as S4). The interior is outstanding and my kids love the third row seat. The styling is still a work of art and looks great from any angle. One of the best compromise vehicles ever made.