Used 2002 Audi S6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi S6 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi S6

Avant quattro 4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Just Awesome
By racekarl

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up my S6 as a CPO car after lusting after one for years. I previously owned a 2000 A6 sedan, and the S6 is everything I wish that car had been. This is simply the best wagon ever: gorgeous, fast, luxurious, and incredibly useful. The fuel mileage is abysmal, but I was fully awared of that going in, so it's not really a negative point for me.

Favorite Features

The endless power and flexibility of the engine. The comfortable and tasteful interior, and the large and well organized cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Only has one cupholder, and it's useless. Would have preferred a transmission if it were available.

The Best
By CaddyConvert

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned - it is a sports car with family functionality - it will get your kids where they have to go - store stuff in the trunk and will handle the road like a monster - put snow tires on it and even without the ground clearance it will burn most SUVs on slick roads - in the summer it will give an M5 a run for its money on the highway - maybe the greatest car ever designed for people who want the ability to drive a very fun car and still get the family around.

Favorite Features

The engine - the Alpaca leather interior that smells like a baseball glove when you climb in - the red glow of the dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

None.

S6Avant
By horch

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a number of Audi's over the last twenty years and this certainly has intended acceleration.

Favorite Features

The entire car

Suggested Improvements

Make it faster and available with a stick

exciting solidness
By dhrmd

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Astounding performance, excellent build quality. Combines the best aspects of a performance car with a feeling of luxury and comfort. This car has been completely reliable and a constant joy to drive, all in a wagon package that adds unexpected utility for a family car.

Favorite Features

powerful engine across rpm band; tight suspension without harshness; seats (sport) and steering wheel; comfort for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Manual 6 speed; get rid of momentary lag when accelerating hard from stop; fog lights not up to headlight quality; rear cup holders flimsy; flaws in navigation system cd coverage.

Start of a Beautiful Relationship
By yamslaughter

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I got the S6 just last month and I love it! It handles well, is responsive, and speedy (does as I ask it to, when I need it - especially in "sport" mode). It's the true "mid-life crisis compromise". The front end belongs to me and the back end belongs to the kids and the dogs. Great utility and fun! I hope it remains reliable in the future.

Favorite Features

Fabulous power, handling and AWD. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing (easier to "hide" from speed patrol). Easy for passing slowpokes; has nice interior & utility.

Suggested Improvements

You call that a cup holder? I carry my cell phone in it. Power comes at a price - would like better gas mileage.