1995 Audi S6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.2L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
Luxury Q-ship
By moorewr on 02/16/13 18:46 PM (PST)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

A clean and anonymous evolution of Audi's ground-breaking streamlined 1980s style.. one last time before they got out the curves and knocked it out of the park with the B5 A4. In `S' form there's the cool little silver-red badges and aggressive flares on the front fenders, but car still has a dentist vibe. Stealth missile, but one that gets you 1/10th the instant respect of a '90s BMW M. A wonderful interior with good bolstered seats, wonderful connection to the road and the engine. A true performance saedan in the best German and Audi traditions.

166,000 and still kicking butt!
By bigdaddyaudi on 07/04/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

My 1995 S6 is still a blast to drive. A daily driver here in the mid-west, its my all season German uber car! Snow is no problem and on-ramps are a feast of power. People think it is a mid 2000 era car, the green paint still looks awesome. Only major repair was a A/C condenser, because of a mouse nest! So, all you folks under 166,000 be it rest assured, you have many miles left in your girl. I have been the 2nd owner since 2000, and oil changes of Mobil 1 every 3000 and a bath each weekend, and a check up every year to a Audi master mechanic are the cats meow. Still has original clutch.Drivers seat is wearing a little, but I am 6'6' 340lbs, so it is what it is.

Incredible at 14 years old!
By MNS6 on 12/11/09 13:00 PM (PST)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

At 14 years old and 86,000 miles young, my newly purchased S6 still feels and looks new. The engineering and fit and finish of materials are all top notch. Parts are still readily available for this car. Additionally, there is a vast amount of online knowledge from owners and fans of these original S4 and S6 cars. This car is truly a diver's car. It only comes in a manual transmission and the 5 cylinder inline turbo engine is smile-inducing. Hit the gas, listen to the turbo spool and say hello to 80mph at the top of 3rd gear. The S6 effortlessly pours on speed while feeling planted and composed. Every time I drive my S6 it puts a smile on my face. This car is exceptional!

20v Turbo Sedan
By dubrmine on 10/30/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Coming from an A4 with a 1.8T and Tiptronic I have to admit the S6 feels like a rocket. I have also owed a modified VR6 VW before, but this car is in a different league all together. Great highway cruiser and unstoppable in snow. Build quality on this vehicle is excellent and the example I picked up does not feel 12 years old at all. As for the performance, this car will surprise its driver and put a big smile on your face ever time your drive it. I like to keep my cars in top mechanical shape which in case of this beast means shelling out few hundred bucks a year, but it all pays of in the end.I’m looking forward to upcoming winter season and all the fun in the snow!

Fantastic Sports Sedan 20 Valve Audi S6
By Ronald F Farina on 03/16/06 15:04 PM (PST)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my fourth 20 valve s car over a 9 year period and by far the best of the bunch. It is a 95 1/2 or essentially the 96 they never imported. It's performance is stunning, and its reliablility and build quality are unmatched. After over 10 years this pearl white/ecru S6 looks new inside and out. It's too bad they stopped building the 20 valve cars. The newer V6 is apparently a higher maintenance vehicle, and the V8s lost the soul of where they came from...the 2.2 liter world rallye champion 20 valve Sport Quattro.

S-6 Overview
By Sue Anderson on 10/05/05 22:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Car has provided high performance with all weather capabilities. Reliability exceeds what I expected from reading some reviews about Audi in general. Fuel economy maxes out at about 26 mpg on the highway- around 20 around town. The incredible surge of power when the turbo hits at about 2,500 rpm is quite exhilarating- I recommend a radar detector! It has provided a combination of performance, style and comfort with great foul weather abilites!

1995 Audi S6 - The Greatest Car I've Ever Driven
By turbofiend on 12/11/04 08:03 AM (PST)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Thw 1995 Audi S6 is quite possibly the most amazing car I have ever driven. It is rock solid. The quattro system is a dream. You can't tell its there, but you know its working. It has been raining like crazy lately, everyone else is sliding, but this beast is not going anywhere I don't tell it to. This car is incredibly elegant, solid, and truly connects the driver to the car and the road. Amazing experience. I think i'm going to go drive now.

Control and fun
By Abbas on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car as backup/mountain car but this is the most fun car I ever drove. its true in my case that many times I drove extra miles just because I was having fun. Control and road grip is awesome. Maneuvering, control, big torque, aggressive, fun. For me, love with this machine start after 40mph. AC, sound, climate control, pocket seats, finishing, elegent style, all is flawless

S6 Wagon
By Maine-iac on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I just sold my 2002 S4 sedan so that I could get my not-so-new 1995.5 S6 Wagon with 99,000 miles on it. So far, I couldn't be happier with my decision. The wagon has tons of room, creature comforts, power and handling. It is also fantanstic in the snow, even with ordinary all-season tires. This car is faster than the 227 bhp figure suggests, partcularly when you figure in the massive torque available at full boost. My wagon dusts my father's 2002 A6 2.7 bi-turbo every time. And, I think it's a better looking and more useful vehicle.

S6 the amazing machine
By dns s6 on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Audi S6 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

as a previous audi owner, I never imagined what the S6 would be like. My first audi was an A4 with a V6 and Tiptronic transmission, which performed very well, but nothing compared to the S6. The S6 is truly one of the best performing sedans on the road, given its Quattro AWD System and its 5 cylinder turbo and 5-speed transmission, as well as its looks and interior features, i.e. leather bucket seats. It is definetly a high quality well built machine.