Used 2013 Audi S5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi S5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

A lot to offer but with a couple of compromises
By chaserz

2013 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I've owned my 2013 for almost one year. What's not to like: 1. AWD 2. All season QUIET convertible rag top 3. Google Maps But there are compromises. The connectivity in the car requires a paid T-Mobile subscription. And even with that you only receive limited, general information. You won't receive personal data from the internet of any kind. And seriously, who needs a hotspot in a car these days since most everyone is carrying their smart phones? In an age where a Chrysler has a full touch screen with data shared through a phone Audi falls way short in the tech department.

Pull the data away from a T Mobile subcription(which provides substandard rural coverage in the U.S. anyway) and pair it to a smartphone of my choice. Second is the engine. This really is not "V8 power" with 6 cyl gas mileage. Its more like a little faster V6 power that behaves mostly like a V6.

Amazing Car
By u2nelson

2013 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

I have had this car for 4 weeks now, and it is still impressing me. The power is smooth and strong, it comes on early and just keeps puling hard. Very addictive. Handling, is well not as brilliant as my old BMW 330CI, but it is still exceptionaly good. This car is very fun to drive and did I mention it has gobs of smooth power. The quality of the finish, both inside and outside is superb. Initially I was not sure about the alcantara seat inserts, but now that I have the alcantara, I am 100% sold and glad to have it. It's superior, both in looks and function and very easy to clean, just wipe with a damp cloth. It's hard to believe someone would pay extra to not get the alcantara.

Interior styling and quality. This is what really sealed the deal on deciding on this car. So much better than the BMW. I love the MMI nav system and all the high tech goodies that goes with it. The ability to send Google map locations from any computer to my car navigation is very cool. Phone and IPOD integrate seamlessly. Overall this car might cost a bit more than the competition, but you do get value for those dollars. High quality, high performance and styling that really stands out. What more can I say.

A bigger Gas tank. 16.9 gallons is OK, but a little more capacity would be welcome. Not a big deal, I'm just being critical.

Wow
By davesd

2013 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Just took delivery of 2013 S5 - wow. I have been waiting for the V6 in the S5 coupe and it does not disappoint. The power is smooth and plentiful. Gearbox is amazing, and while the sound may not be a V8, it makes plenty of fun noises. The ride is firm for sure, but well damped - car does not crash over bumps and handles uneven pavement well. The MMI system cleaned up from my 2011 A6, but I am still on the fence with the aerial photos from Google Earth - almost feels a little cluttered. B&O stereo is okay - not that impressed. Overall, an indulgent purchase. No one is going to say this is good value for $, but if you want fun in a gorgeous package - an S5 is it!

Smooth power. Top tier interior. Well controlled ride. Bluetooth audio streaming.

None.