Used 2011 Audi S5 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

It is SOOOOO good
By dtc4

2011 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Ok .... I expect if you are like me, you are reading these reviews to sway you one way or another between different brands. Stop reading, man up, drop the coin and do it. Yeah, the gas mileage isn't great but does that matter? You don't get a V8 for free. It's sexy, fun, fast, reliable and did I mention fun. By far the best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Styling - over the top great. It's unique and just has unbelievable lines. Interior - I've got black with carbon fiber - awesome. Engine - love it. Power through the range and a nice growl. Transmission - pleasantly surprised. I've got the automatic. It's a bit disappointing if you leave in in Drive but use Sport or manually shift and it's a different car. Use Drive for the freeway only. One last thing, I'm 6'3"-unlike some of the competitors there is plenty of leg room.

Suggested Improvements

I don't love the Nav system. To me it's a bit clunky. Maybe I need to spend time learning it but I don't really want to spend time. It should be more intuitive

Audi S 5
By vlj4

2011 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a BMW, Acura, Infinity and Land Rover, I have to say that this Audi S5 is the best car I have ever owned! The engineering, performance, and technology is superior. As well it is a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Favorite for me is how the car handles and the technology in the dash.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Audi get a little creative with it color choices, they are a little to conservative.

1st time Audi owner
By bigdjjd

2011 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I recently traded a 08 BMW m3 sedan for a 2011 S5 and I am thrilled!! While the m3 is a fantastic car, it is not a fantastic everyday car. I made the switch because of the s5's seductive good looks, v8 power, and 4 wheel grip. The s5 interior is stunning visually and very user friendly (BMW Idrive is a mess!) The seats are extremely comfortable and infinitely adjustable. The B&O sound system is fantastic, and would say on par with the best from BMW. Behind the wheel; great steering feel, engine power is substantial but not overwelming. Overall build quality and materials are excellent. My only grips are: the pano roof only vents and the overhead sunglass compartment is tiny!

Favorite Features

B&O sound system, Nav and MMI are superb! Quatro, Silk smooth acceleration.

I love my s5
By David

2011 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just got this car a few weeks ago, but I am in love with it. I traded in a Nissan GTR because the ride was very rough. I wanted something a little more refined and comfortable and still wanted to keep some of the performance. I love this car!

Awesome car
By vivek

2011 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful car inside and out and what a joy to drive. Handles so confidently and smoothly. I also looked at BMW 335iX coupe (no camera and too harsh style), Mercedes E coupe (no 4-wheel option). The extra power over the A5 changes the car considerably. You don't go wrong if you pick this car.

Favorite Features

rear view camera and parallel parking, keyless entry, quattro, solid car feel, suspension is firm but not harsh, lots of power, cool electronics, classy nappa leather, low to the ground, but front bumper just higher than most curbs.