2011 Audi S5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S5 model:
It is SOOOOO good
By dtc4 on 10/05/11 14:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Ok .... I expect if you are like me, you are reading these reviews to sway you one way or another between different brands. Stop reading, man up, drop the coin and do it. Yeah, the gas mileage isn't great but does that matter? You don't get a V8 for free. It's sexy, fun, fast, reliable and did I mention fun. By far the best car I've ever owned.

Audi S 5
By vlj4 on 09/25/11 07:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a BMW, Acura, Infinity and Land Rover, I have to say that this Audi S5 is the best car I have ever owned! The engineering, performance, and technology is superior. As well it is a blast to drive.

1st time Audi owner
By bigdjjd on 02/08/11 10:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I recently traded a 08 BMW m3 sedan for a 2011 S5 and I am thrilled!! While the m3 is a fantastic car, it is not a fantastic everyday car. I made the switch because of the s5's seductive good looks, v8 power, and 4 wheel grip. The s5 interior is stunning visually and very user friendly (BMW Idrive is a mess!) The seats are extremely comfortable and infinitely adjustable. The B&O sound system is fantastic, and would say on par with the best from BMW. Behind the wheel; great steering feel, engine power is substantial but not overwelming. Overall build quality and materials are excellent. My only grips are: the pano roof only vents and the overhead sunglass compartment is tiny!

fast and refined
By jungh on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi S5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Had considered an M3. After I drove the S5 Cab there was no turning back. The interior blows you away compared to the BMW. My dealer suggested an ECU upgrade pushing the car to 410 HP with 370 lb-ft of tqe. The car is as you can imagine super fast. Zero to 60 4.3 seconds. Right there with the M. Big difference is the quatro. Makes the car stick to the road like glue.

BMW to Audi
By wreck on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi S5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

After owning a BMW 335 Cab for 3 years I could not wait to get back to Audi. The BMW was nice but with the Rub Flats and turbo problems run away from this car. BMW still has the take it or leave it attitude. Everything with BMW is normal, it takes a law suit to wake them up. It's a shame after 6 BMWs since 1999 I would never own another one again. The best driving experience is ruined by the Run Flats!

BWM-and back to Audi
By Alanr on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi S5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

After leaving Audi in 2001 because of the lousy dealership and service in my old hometown I went over to BMW. Well after 5 BMWs and the last being a 335 cab with what I would say the worst tires in the world ( Run Flats) I went back to Audi. Well all I can say is the S5 Cab is worlds ahead of BMW in REAL would driving. Fit is finish is flawless. The MMI system and Navigation is world ahead of BMW's I drive and very easy to use. I have had dozens of high end cars and this one gets more attention than anything I have had. Super quite, plenty of power and the best seats I have ever sat in. I have one problem with the car, I just want to wax it and look at it it's that nice.

I love my s5
By David on 08/25/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just got this car a few weeks ago, but I am in love with it. I traded in a Nissan GTR because the ride was very rough. I wanted something a little more refined and comfortable and still wanted to keep some of the performance. I love this car!

Awesome car
By vivek on 08/06/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful car inside and out and what a joy to drive. Handles so confidently and smoothly. I also looked at BMW 335iX coupe (no camera and too harsh style), Mercedes E coupe (no 4-wheel option). The extra power over the A5 changes the car considerably. You don't go wrong if you pick this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi S5 in VA is:

$106 per month*