Used 2011 Audi S5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

It is SOOOOO good
By dtc4

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Ok .... I expect if you are like me, you are reading these reviews to sway you one way or another between different brands. Stop reading, man up, drop the coin and do it. Yeah, the gas mileage isn't great but does that matter? You don't get a V8 for free. It's sexy, fun, fast, reliable and did I mention fun. By far the best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Styling - over the top great. It's unique and just has unbelievable lines. Interior - I've got black with carbon fiber - awesome. Engine - love it. Power through the range and a nice growl. Transmission - pleasantly surprised. I've got the automatic. It's a bit disappointing if you leave in in Drive but use Sport or manually shift and it's a different car. Use Drive for the freeway only. One last thing, I'm 6'3"-unlike some of the competitors there is plenty of leg room.

Suggested Improvements

I don't love the Nav system. To me it's a bit clunky. Maybe I need to spend time learning it but I don't really want to spend time. It should be more intuitive

Audi S 5
By vlj4

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a BMW, Acura, Infinity and Land Rover, I have to say that this Audi S5 is the best car I have ever owned! The engineering, performance, and technology is superior. As well it is a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Favorite for me is how the car handles and the technology in the dash.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Audi get a little creative with it color choices, they are a little to conservative.

1st time Audi owner
By bigdjjd

2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I recently traded a 08 BMW m3 sedan for a 2011 S5 and I am thrilled!! While the m3 is a fantastic car, it is not a fantastic everyday car. I made the switch because of the s5's seductive good looks, v8 power, and 4 wheel grip. The s5 interior is stunning visually and very user friendly (BMW Idrive is a mess!) The seats are extremely comfortable and infinitely adjustable. The B&O sound system is fantastic, and would say on par with the best from BMW. Behind the wheel; great steering feel, engine power is substantial but not overwelming. Overall build quality and materials are excellent. My only grips are: the pano roof only vents and the overhead sunglass compartment is tiny!

Favorite Features

B&O sound system, Nav and MMI are superb! Quatro, Silk smooth acceleration.

fast and refined
By jungh

2011 Audi S5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Had considered an M3. After I drove the S5 Cab there was no turning back. The interior blows you away compared to the BMW. My dealer suggested an ECU upgrade pushing the car to 410 HP with 370 lb-ft of tqe. The car is as you can imagine super fast. Zero to 60 4.3 seconds. Right there with the M. Big difference is the quatro. Makes the car stick to the road like glue.

Favorite Features

style, speed, control

Suggested Improvements

add voice rgecognition in the cabriolet like the coupe.

BMW to Audi
By wreck

2011 Audi S5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

After owning a BMW 335 Cab for 3 years I could not wait to get back to Audi. The BMW was nice but with the Rub Flats and turbo problems run away from this car. BMW still has the take it or leave it attitude. Everything with BMW is normal, it takes a law suit to wake them up. It's a shame after 6 BMWs since 1999 I would never own another one again. The best driving experience is ruined by the Run Flats!

Favorite Features

Navigation system, B&O stereo, Seats, engine noise when shifting in Dynamic mode. Oh well the whole car! I just love looking at this car. Ibis with a Brown top is it!

Suggested Improvements

Hands free for the cab and better MPG. A little louder exhaust in dynamic mode.