Used 2010 Audi S5 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

Dream Car
By Joegojoe

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased my new S5 Quatro Coupe about 30 days ago. Drove the BMW5, and Mercedes E class as well. I knew within 0.5 mi of the dealership that this was the one for me. I can't begin to express how much fun and nice this car is both to look at and drive. The handling in the corners is tight and responsive. In sport mode, the acceleration is enough to throw you back in the seats. On appearance, the angry look outside looks like it's moving even while standing still. The interior is a wonderful blend of colors and quality textures that make me never want to get out. From my constant smile, my wife thinks I am having an affair, - but at least it is with a car!

Favorite Features

Looks, handling and driving experience. B&O audio option is definitely worth it V-8 growl makes me smile every day. Overall, a real head turner on the road

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof only tilts and doesn't open. What's up with that? MMI is at times, hard to navigate

perfect...
By willybomba

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded an 08 s4 for it. Was shopping for a 911 or m3. This s5 is the perfect marriage of a luxury car and a sports car. I get continuous thumbs up at stoplights. Its funny. The m3 is faster. But it looks like every 2 door BMW on the road. The 911 is great. But just didn't fit me. The s5 is a dual personality. Gorgeous machine. I can say that the I found my perfect car. Get it before they change the engine to a v6. This will be the last v8. Unless you go to the rs4. Which will be a 25k premium. Get 'em while they last, they will be hard to get and will keep their value for years to come.

Favorite Features

Great ride.. the Sport setting on the shifter is AWESOME. All the doodads work Perfectly. I cannot say I miss anything.

Suggested Improvements

I truly have none. It has everything I want.

Heads won't stop turning to look at S5!
By eddieversace

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

If you want to keep a low profile and go un-noticed then, this is NOT the car to drive.I inherited enough money in Jan. 2010 to be able to buy me this car with cash in March 2010. I knew I wanted a Luxury/Sport Coupe, and narrowed it down to this or the Infiniti G37.Deciding factor for me was the way the Audi S5 Coupe felt while driving it. This car demands the attention of everyone within view with its sensory charged design and gadget options. Love the rims that came on the car but have already scraped them on two curbs. My auto insurance also increased from $145.00 per month premium to $414.00 per month. But, Its Worth It! Hoped the Convertible was AWD though!

Favorite Features

Voice Command is amazing, Navigation with Real Time Traffic is outstanding, the front grill and exterior design compel men and women to repeatedly compliment on the car's "sexiness."

Suggested Improvements

Make USB more accessible while sitting in driver's seat i.e. in center console, needs electronic telescoping steering wheel,

Handling is beautiful
By jeffy

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just got my S5in nov and what a purchase. The roar of the engine is awesome, the car loves to be driven fast, I have to keep a close eye on the speedometer, or before you know you're doing 100 no problem. The drive and handling is beautiful except that silly sunroof, I'll live though, I don't recommend this car because I don't want to see too many on the road. Just kidding get one.

Favorite Features

The B&O sound system, Nice.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof - what's the deal?

You won't be disappointed
By Mac

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My first Audi and this car is awesome! The S5 is worth the extra $. Great sound, performance, style and handling. I've only had for 1 month so far, but all is good. The "new" navi system & tech pkg is nice and my two kids are fine with back seat area (rare for a coupe). The only option I ordered was the "Prestige Pkg". I'm not a track guy but I do enjoy performance driving. I've heard good things about Spt Diff, Drv Select, and Drv Asst pkgs as well. This is my 1st Tiptronic (all previous cars were 6sp) and I like the "sport option" shift mode as well as the "paddle shifting". I'm through the break in period and the car is a delight to drive. It's my daily driver, no regrets.

Favorite Features

Of course headlights, 3g MMi navi, body style, rear headrest pwr seat switch (easy for back seat passenger to exit), interior layout/seats, smart key, "sport mode" option w/tip, rear LED lights, reliable bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back folding outside mirrors, adaptive hdlgts, rearview camera should be standard w/navi. Be aware of some early 10' factory builds that haven't included the new control arms. If not there can be a steering wheel vibration that can only be corrected through "updated" control arms.