2010 Audi S5 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S5 model:
Awesome
By kipn on 12/10/11 05:40 AM (PST)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car and absolutely love it. Everything is what you would expect and more from a premuim performance coupe. The major defining factor in choosing this car was when I heard the engine start; knew at this point that I had to have it. It is understated and over performing, but people can't take their eyes off of it. Another very nice feature is that you don't see many on the road. 3600 sold in the entire country last year. If you are considering one, their is no reason to hold back!

Very Sexy Car
By micash on 04/15/11 18:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was a die hard Lexus owner but saw the S5 at the airport and knew I had to have one. It is the sexiest car I have ever seen and people literally turn their heads everywhere I go. I live the Dallas area and have only seen 3 other S5s on the road since I purchased it 8 months ago. The dealership had already added Stasis (something I otherwise would not have paid for but my husband loves it) and the engine roar is unbelievable. Coming from a very quiet Lexus, the engine noise seemed a little loud at first but now I don't even hear it anymore. I'm a fairly aggressive driver and absolutely love the handling and overall maneuverability of this car.

Just bought the S5
By cleveland on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Audi S5 last month. I was torn between waiting for the supercharged V6, or getting the V8. After all of my research, I discovered, that the V6 will be on average 2-3 miles per gallon more efficient. Which if you drive 15,000 miles a year, and extrapolate over a 5 year car ownership averages to about $2000 saved for the V6. I chose the V8 because I test drove both engines, and the V8 just sounds better, feels better, and I personally like feeling the gears change and shift, because it makes me feel that I am driving a rocket. The car is beautiful, handles superbly, the interior is well- appointed, and looks great. The MMI did require some learning, but I'm good with it now.

A Gentleman's Muscle Car
By Arshad on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've previously driven an A4,S4,BMW 3 series. Although the new S4 is marginally faster on the track, the combination of elegance, beauty, performance, solid build quality and a refined, ergonomic interior that matches (if not exceeds) competitors makes the S5 the ideal coupe for the affluent consumer desiring a...well frankly speaking a flashy daily driver. Short of the R8, this is the best overall handling production Audi. 0-60 times as follows: 4.9 (standstill), 4.7 with S-mode, 4.5 with a 1 foot roll out in S-mode. 24-26 mpg highway.

A great ride
By Southern1 on 08/17/10 05:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Considered M3 - but this S5 is an overall awesome car. Great looks, ride, handling. Love it.

Dream Car
By Joegojoe on 05/19/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased my new S5 Quatro Coupe about 30 days ago. Drove the BMW5, and Mercedes E class as well. I knew within 0.5 mi of the dealership that this was the one for me. I can't begin to express how much fun and nice this car is both to look at and drive. The handling in the corners is tight and responsive. In sport mode, the acceleration is enough to throw you back in the seats. On appearance, the angry look outside looks like it's moving even while standing still. The interior is a wonderful blend of colors and quality textures that make me never want to get out. From my constant smile, my wife thinks I am having an affair, - but at least it is with a car!

perfect...
By willybomba on 04/17/10 17:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded an 08 s4 for it. Was shopping for a 911 or m3. This s5 is the perfect marriage of a luxury car and a sports car. I get continuous thumbs up at stoplights. Its funny. The m3 is faster. But it looks like every 2 door BMW on the road. The 911 is great. But just didn't fit me. The s5 is a dual personality. Gorgeous machine. I can say that the I found my perfect car. Get it before they change the engine to a v6. This will be the last v8. Unless you go to the rs4. Which will be a 25k premium. Get 'em while they last, they will be hard to get and will keep their value for years to come.

Heads won't stop turning to look at S5!
By eddieversace on 04/13/10 02:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

If you want to keep a low profile and go un-noticed then, this is NOT the car to drive.I inherited enough money in Jan. 2010 to be able to buy me this car with cash in March 2010. I knew I wanted a Luxury/Sport Coupe, and narrowed it down to this or the Infiniti G37.Deciding factor for me was the way the Audi S5 Coupe felt while driving it. This car demands the attention of everyone within view with its sensory charged design and gadget options. Love the rims that came on the car but have already scraped them on two curbs. My auto insurance also increased from $145.00 per month premium to $414.00 per month. But, Its Worth It! Hoped the Convertible was AWD though!

Handling is beautiful
By jeffy on 11/22/09 17:33 PM (PST)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just got my S5in nov and what a purchase. The roar of the engine is awesome, the car loves to be driven fast, I have to keep a close eye on the speedometer, or before you know you're doing 100 no problem. The drive and handling is beautiful except that silly sunroof, I'll live though, I don't recommend this car because I don't want to see too many on the road. Just kidding get one.

You won't be disappointed
By Mac on 10/08/09 07:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My first Audi and this car is awesome! The S5 is worth the extra $. Great sound, performance, style and handling. I've only had for 1 month so far, but all is good. The "new" navi system & tech pkg is nice and my two kids are fine with back seat area (rare for a coupe). The only option I ordered was the "Prestige Pkg". I'm not a track guy but I do enjoy performance driving. I've heard good things about Spt Diff, Drv Select, and Drv Asst pkgs as well. This is my 1st Tiptronic (all previous cars were 6sp) and I like the "sport option" shift mode as well as the "paddle shifting". I'm through the break in period and the car is a delight to drive. It's my daily driver, no regrets.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Audi S5 Coupe in VA is:

$156 per month*