Used 2010 Audi S5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

Awesome
By kipn

2010 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car and absolutely love it. Everything is what you would expect and more from a premuim performance coupe. The major defining factor in choosing this car was when I heard the engine start; knew at this point that I had to have it. It is understated and over performing, but people can't take their eyes off of it. Another very nice feature is that you don't see many on the road. 3600 sold in the entire country last year. If you are considering one, their is no reason to hold back!

Favorite Features

Engine in every aspect espically the sound. Beautiful styling.

Suggested Improvements

Haven't found one yet

Very Sexy Car
By micash

2010 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was a die hard Lexus owner but saw the S5 at the airport and knew I had to have one. It is the sexiest car I have ever seen and people literally turn their heads everywhere I go. I live the Dallas area and have only seen 3 other S5s on the road since I purchased it 8 months ago. The dealership had already added Stasis (something I otherwise would not have paid for but my husband loves it) and the engine roar is unbelievable. Coming from a very quiet Lexus, the engine noise seemed a little loud at first but now I don't even hear it anymore. I'm a fairly aggressive driver and absolutely love the handling and overall maneuverability of this car.

Favorite Features

Side Assist (blind-spot warning), Real-time Nav, Rear Backup Camera, iPod Integration, Bluetooth, Voice Commands, all the Options for dashboard displays (digital spedometer, timer, avg MPH, MPG, etc.), MMI Controls, Keyless Entry and Start

Suggested Improvements

I'm 5'9" and there is no way that even a child could sit in the back seat.

Just bought the S5
By cleveland

2010 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Audi S5 last month. I was torn between waiting for the supercharged V6, or getting the V8. After all of my research, I discovered, that the V6 will be on average 2-3 miles per gallon more efficient. Which if you drive 15,000 miles a year, and extrapolate over a 5 year car ownership averages to about $2000 saved for the V6. I chose the V8 because I test drove both engines, and the V8 just sounds better, feels better, and I personally like feeling the gears change and shift, because it makes me feel that I am driving a rocket. The car is beautiful, handles superbly, the interior is well- appointed, and looks great. The MMI did require some learning, but I'm good with it now.

Favorite Features

the navigation will give alternate routes to the same destination which is awesome. The car sounds great. Immediate pickup. It snows here in Cleveland, so the awd is really important to me.

Suggested Improvements

when i unlock the car, only the driver side door unlocks. the passenger door does not.

A Gentleman's Muscle Car
By Arshad

2010 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've previously driven an A4,S4,BMW 3 series. Although the new S4 is marginally faster on the track, the combination of elegance, beauty, performance, solid build quality and a refined, ergonomic interior that matches (if not exceeds) competitors makes the S5 the ideal coupe for the affluent consumer desiring a...well frankly speaking a flashy daily driver. Short of the R8, this is the best overall handling production Audi. 0-60 times as follows: 4.9 (standstill), 4.7 with S-mode, 4.5 with a 1 foot roll out in S-mode. 24-26 mpg highway.

Favorite Features

Looks inside & out, Phantom black pearl, exotic V8 rumble, wheels, everything

Suggested Improvements

Better steering feel

A great ride
By Southern1

2010 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Considered M3 - but this S5 is an overall awesome car. Great looks, ride, handling. Love it.

Favorite Features

Stands out in a crowd. Very posh interior with excellent seats for sporty driving and cruising. High quality.

Suggested Improvements

A little more steering feel.