2009 Audi S5 Consumer Review: Amazing!

2009 Audi S5 - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Manual)

Amazing!
By BMM on

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my new S5 for two weeks now...test drove everything (many, many times) from the 335i, Cayenne GTS, M3, G37, 650i, others..and yes, this was the winner. First, let me mention it looks phenomenal in person, way better than in pictures and better than anything else under $100k. I've found the V8 is perfectly robust and yet sumptuous, and the acceleration is long and powerful in any gear. The interior made my former 3-series feel outdated instantly. This is a perfect touring GT where the M3 is a sports car, and that touch of gentleman is exactly what I was looking for.

Head-turning looks, more exclusive than a 6-series. V8 is smooth, quiet (low rpm), and very powerful throughout the range. Bluetooth and iPhone integration makes me enjoy things I never missed before. Audi Drive Select lets me set steering feel and suspension exactly as I want them.

Wish the moonroof slid back (not just tilted), although I appreciate the fact it is larger than average. Add maintenance package as standard (a'la bmw) why did Audi stop this?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review