Used 2009 Audi S5 quattro Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

S5 first 2k miles
By OBX351

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a 993/996/997 BUT need a back seat that can accommodate a baby seat. The S5 has plenty of room for 3 adults and a large baby seat. It's very comfortable, has all wheel drive (go to YouTube and check out the S5 racing a down hill skier, the car goes up and down the slope!) and has similar stats to a 997 4. 0-60 4.9 S5 vs 4.8 997 4 and 1/4 13.2 S5 vs. 13/12.9 997 4. The 6 speed gear box is not quite as nice as the 997 but is still easy to shift. Anyway this is a great sport GT/luxury sports car. It sticks to the pavement, drives GREAT in the rain and is very comfortable. We'll see how it does over the next 90k miles, but I am very happy with the first 2k miles.

Engine note at start up and during the drive, very easy to drive, very comfortable, can seat 3 adults comfortably and the electronics ROCK (the nav system is pretty good and the controls for the electronics are great)! The brakes are excellent and the car sticks to the pavement.

All tan/brown interior or more interior choices. The interior is very nice but there are limited choices. The steering is a bit dead.

Amazing!
By BMM

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my new S5 for two weeks now...test drove everything (many, many times) from the 335i, Cayenne GTS, M3, G37, 650i, others..and yes, this was the winner. First, let me mention it looks phenomenal in person, way better than in pictures and better than anything else under $100k. I've found the V8 is perfectly robust and yet sumptuous, and the acceleration is long and powerful in any gear. The interior made my former 3-series feel outdated instantly. This is a perfect touring GT where the M3 is a sports car, and that touch of gentleman is exactly what I was looking for.

Head-turning looks, more exclusive than a 6-series. V8 is smooth, quiet (low rpm), and very powerful throughout the range. Bluetooth and iPhone integration makes me enjoy things I never missed before. Audi Drive Select lets me set steering feel and suspension exactly as I want them.

Wish the moonroof slid back (not just tilted), although I appreciate the fact it is larger than average. Add maintenance package as standard (a'la bmw) why did Audi stop this?

That darn sunroof
By Big John

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had my car for a few months but here's my take. There has to be something they can do to the roof to help me have a open air feeling to that car. The city mileage is terrible, highway with cruise 23 to 24 not bad. But I don't know why they can't do better, my E500 averaged 21 and I saw a high of 27 in a car that had over 300 hp and was bigger. I wish the transmission helped with the city driving. Yes the car is fast, but am I the only one who thinks this car want to go ballistic on the highway. Not that I'm complaining I just wish the 0-60 matched the height a bit more.

Good centered weight is awesome which allows really quick steering, fantastic seats, not overdone interior, and the LED lights.

Ditch the top speed restricter, fix the sun roof, and finish the already excellent iPod interface. How, it should start in a menu, not on artist A, first song. Secondly, when scrolling through a large list, it shouldn't go to 1100 of 3600. Give me letters. Also the ability to wipe a M3 off the plnt