2009 Audi S5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S5 model:
S5 first 2k miles
By OBX351 on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a 993/996/997 BUT need a back seat that can accommodate a baby seat. The S5 has plenty of room for 3 adults and a large baby seat. It's very comfortable, has all wheel drive (go to YouTube and check out the S5 racing a down hill skier, the car goes up and down the slope!) and has similar stats to a 997 4. 0-60 4.9 S5 vs 4.8 997 4 and 1/4 13.2 S5 vs. 13/12.9 997 4. The 6 speed gear box is not quite as nice as the 997 but is still easy to shift. Anyway this is a great sport GT/luxury sports car. It sticks to the pavement, drives GREAT in the rain and is very comfortable. We'll see how it does over the next 90k miles, but I am very happy with the first 2k miles.

Great but can be improved.
By AUDI on 02/19/10 16:16 PM (PST)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

First of all to all those who think this care is fast I hate to break it to you but it's not. I shelled out close to 63 thousand dollars and I could have bought a Z06. Now on the other hand the looks are great and I love the handling. Since last november minor things have gone wrong with the car(electrical/led lighting etc). Audi should have built a faster car. I guess that's why they are coming up with the RS5 for 85K!

My Thoughts
By Tom on 05/31/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

S5 is indeed a beautiful car. I just got it, but I must say it is not that great of a car. I own an M5 2007 so there is a big difference in performance. When driving you must step on the gas more due to the quattro system. When you release you will feel a slight deceleration which makes people think you are braking but you are not. The handling is not as nice due to the really light wheel. I do not get any feedback like when I drive rear wheel cars. You will notice it the most when you drive on twisty roads. I do understeer on turns since the line of entry is a little different with this car. Great car for everyday drive but for performance the 335i can boogie against this car.

Amazing!
By BMM on 05/30/09 00:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my new S5 for two weeks now...test drove everything (many, many times) from the 335i, Cayenne GTS, M3, G37, 650i, others..and yes, this was the winner. First, let me mention it looks phenomenal in person, way better than in pictures and better than anything else under $100k. I've found the V8 is perfectly robust and yet sumptuous, and the acceleration is long and powerful in any gear. The interior made my former 3-series feel outdated instantly. This is a perfect touring GT where the M3 is a sports car, and that touch of gentleman is exactly what I was looking for.

Awesome
By Mike on 05/23/09 03:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my US Spec Auto S5 over here in Stuttgart Germany. The 1st 600 miles break in period was hard to do on the autobahn. I have slowly stepped it up since and will not really see what it can do until I have passed the 2500 mile mark. All and all so far it has been everything I have expected. A few things I have noted are that the IPOD option does not come with an IPOD adaptor! Seats are a 6 on long trips due to comfort and I have noticed that the tires seem a little narrow over 100 mph. If you need to do an emergency slow down, the back end seems to want to get away from you but the ESP kicks in and keeps it under control. Overall I still give it a 9.

Best Daily Driver
By wrinkledoc on 05/08/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is by far the best daily driver. My last car was a Porsche 997 S Cab and before that a BMW E46 M3 Cab. Unless you are going to take this car to a race track it outshines the others. It is way more comfortable and had great Cabin Tech. Ipod integration is outstanding as is the B&O Sound System. If you are looking for a fast, sporty, great looking daily driver look no further. Compared to other German cars with this level of performance it is also a good value. There are not many of these on the road in my area and the car gets a lot of attention.

My S5
By S5 on 02/13/09 21:52 PM (PST)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying that I have test driven a lot of cars before finally choosing the S5. I have ordered mine and I got it about 8 months later. Mine is a red interior on black exterior. I have had the car for less than two months now. What do I think? I absolutely love the car. I love the style, performance, stability and exclusivity. I live in downtown San Diego and I have not seen any other S5 yet. I keep getting all kinda compliments on the car. Most importantly, I really enjoy the ride and the power. How about the MPG? I do not give a damn!!! I always find excuses to drive it around. Who cares about the mileage when the car is soo much fun to drive??

Black Pearl & Red Magna
By Audi S5 Quattro on 12/25/08 05:29 AM (PST)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

From what I can see, although, it is quite early, this car is a definite keeper. I have to laugh when I read some reviews commenting on the MPG's. Guys, it's posted right there on the sticker. If you do not agree with something, don't buy it! What a great mix of luxury and performance. I looked at, and test drove most everything in the S5's class, and, I don't think that any one car touched it. You have to love the exclusivity of it, too. I have yet to see one on the road, and I live in a fairly large city.

That darn sunroof
By Big John on 12/11/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had my car for a few months but here's my take. There has to be something they can do to the roof to help me have a open air feeling to that car. The city mileage is terrible, highway with cruise 23 to 24 not bad. But I don't know why they can't do better, my E500 averaged 21 and I saw a high of 27 in a car that had over 300 hp and was bigger. I wish the transmission helped with the city driving. Yes the car is fast, but am I the only one who thinks this car want to go ballistic on the highway. Not that I'm complaining I just wish the 0-60 matched the height a bit more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi S5 in VA is:

$139 per month*