2008 Audi S5 Consumer Review: Couldn't Ask for More!

2008 Audi S5 - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Couldn't Ask for More!
By Aulm on

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

What a great car to own and drive. I looked at the new M3, AWD250, 335Xi. This is a great daily driver - even though Minnesota winters thanks to AWD. Handles great and performs like a dream. Not to mention the downright serene exhaust note. Suspension is firm enough to eat up the turns, but soft enough to not leave you bruised upon arrival. Great GT cruiser. Getting MUCH better MPG than the sticker claims even with fairly aggressive driving. B&O Sound system is great and a must have add on. Every time I get in this car I'm glad I went with the S5. A great blend of performance and fun - yet supply enough to be a daily driver. Now an Audi convert! (past cars MB E5004matic)

Favorite Features

Performance is amazing. The suspension is great - perfect for a daily driver. Any firmer and you'd wish it was just a track car. Downright heavenly exhaust note - I do wish this was a bit less muffled. Great Torque/HP range from the engine...from 2.6K RPMS it's got plenty of pulling power.

Suggested Improvements

Rear legroom and headroom leaves a little to be desired - however it is MUCH better than cars in its class. Get an early model (2008-2010) S5 for the V8.