Well integrated, what a motor!
By Fluxcap on
2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)
This is my 17th car, following just about everything but Audi (Porsche 928 and 996 Turbo, SL500, BMW 735, and assorted Ford and Chevy cars). Hands down, this is the best automotive execution I have driven. I'm a nut for picking apart failed user interfaces (my job), and this car has not disappointed me, however I'm only about 75% familiar with it after 400 miles. MMI is a bit complicated, so the Driver Information System and steering wheel controls are fabulous; you can do 90% of what you need very quickly, intuitively, and with eyes forward. IPod integration, including playlist support, is great, and will save lives. The motor and drivetrain is wonderful.
Favorite Features
Technology and bluetooth/iPod integration (phone book on my Blackberry Curve appeared). Torque will put a grin on your face. Exhaust note is a perfect rumble. Interior switchgear and overall fit/finish is world class. Car has an exotic feel about it, great value.
Suggested Improvements
The Voice Control is inactive, with no explanation by Audi, the manual, the Audi website. Snow is a problem with the factory high perf. tires. 3" of cold slush/snow and I couldn't get up my 4% incline driveway.