2008 Audi S5 4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Perfect Automobile

2008 Audi S5 - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Manual)

The Perfect Automobile
By Wausau S5 on

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Audi S5 is the perfect all-around all weather car. In the time leading up to my purchase I drove the new M3, RS4, A5 and S4. The S5 is the perfect combination of performance, comfort, style, features and audible pleasure. I loved driving the M3 and was close to deciding on that car but I was a little worried about RWD in the northern Wisconsin winters that can make driving even an AWD car a challenge 6-8 months out of the year. After nearly three weeks with the S5 I can say I am thrilled with all aspects of the Audi. I disagree with people on the MPG, for a car of this type, the MPG is great. I drove 200+ highway miles today and got 23mpg. That is up from 19mpg in the 1st 1000miles.

Favorite Features

Suspension, engine transmission are outstanding. Interior design and fit and finish are great. It is by far the best looking production car available today! The ride is perfect, firm but compliant. Goes over road imperfections like they aren't there. That's the biggest difference between S5 and M3

Suggested Improvements

I miss voice command for the phone /Audio /nav system. Mostly for the phone.