Used 2008 Audi S5 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

Fantastic Daily driver
By Frank V

2008 Audi S5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, it is comfortable in every way, super quiet, great reliability, AWD comfort, sexy looks, and feels like you get your money worth. I drove several BMW's before going with this car and even the 2013 BMW's didn't feel like it was worth the money. I got in this car and i immediately felt like it was in a class above the BMW's. You feel sexy getting in it and I have had it for 8 months and it still gives me the same feeling. I have the 6 speed manual and I love it. Only thing I would like to mention is if you are a purist and love to feel connected to the road then this isn't the car for you. This coupe is not a sports car but more of a luxury touring car.

Couldn't Ask for More!
By Aulm

2008 Audi S5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

What a great car to own and drive. I looked at the new M3, AWD250, 335Xi. This is a great daily driver - even though Minnesota winters thanks to AWD. Handles great and performs like a dream. Not to mention the downright serene exhaust note. Suspension is firm enough to eat up the turns, but soft enough to not leave you bruised upon arrival. Great GT cruiser. Getting MUCH better MPG than the sticker claims even with fairly aggressive driving. B&O Sound system is great and a must have add on. Every time I get in this car I'm glad I went with the S5. A great blend of performance and fun - yet supply enough to be a daily driver. Now an Audi convert! (past cars MB E5004matic)

Performance is amazing. The suspension is great - perfect for a daily driver. Any firmer and you'd wish it was just a track car. Downright heavenly exhaust note - I do wish this was a bit less muffled. Great Torque/HP range from the engine...from 2.6K RPMS it's got plenty of pulling power.

Rear legroom and headroom leaves a little to be desired - however it is MUCH better than cars in its class. Get an early model (2008-2010) S5 for the V8.

Chicago S5
By sdm

2008 Audi S5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Have had my S5 for almost a year. Still love it every time I get in. Great overall experience. This is my 4th Audi: A8, 2 S4s and now S5. My favorite overall. Greatly improved fit/finish compared to my 2 S4s. Great in snow with high-performance snow tires. I would buy this car again without hesitation. Enjoying it too much to worry about mileage. I didn't get it for the mileage. Still like to just look at it after a year-great design.

Impeccable interior. Great handling. Effortless acceleration. Really takes off and grabs the road when you down-shift at higher speeds. Best looking non-exotic on the road.

My kids say rear-seat leg room. I have never been in the back seat. Convertible version?

The Perfect Automobile
By Wausau S5

2008 Audi S5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Audi S5 is the perfect all-around all weather car. In the time leading up to my purchase I drove the new M3, RS4, A5 and S4. The S5 is the perfect combination of performance, comfort, style, features and audible pleasure. I loved driving the M3 and was close to deciding on that car but I was a little worried about RWD in the northern Wisconsin winters that can make driving even an AWD car a challenge 6-8 months out of the year. After nearly three weeks with the S5 I can say I am thrilled with all aspects of the Audi. I disagree with people on the MPG, for a car of this type, the MPG is great. I drove 200+ highway miles today and got 23mpg. That is up from 19mpg in the 1st 1000miles.

Suspension, engine transmission are outstanding. Interior design and fit and finish are great. It is by far the best looking production car available today! The ride is perfect, firm but compliant. Goes over road imperfections like they aren't there. That's the biggest difference between S5 and M3

I miss voice command for the phone /Audio /nav system. Mostly for the phone.

I have named her Gemini.
By Wausau S5

2008 Audi S5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

So far, so great. I traded a 2007 A6 4.2 for this S5 I have driven a few cars in the last three months, A5, new M3 and my S5. The S5 is the perfect blend of performance, comfort, style, quality and all weather security. I really liked the M3 but was nervous about the Wisconsin winters and RWD. Then I saw the S5 in person, drove it and fell in love.

Engine, six-speed, seats and style, inside and out.

I miss the voice command from the A6's MMI. Anyone who complains about the mpg is missing the point of this cruiser.