2008 Audi S5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S5 model:
Couldn't Ask for More!
By Aulm on 10/20/09 13:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

What a great car to own and drive. I looked at the new M3, AWD250, 335Xi. This is a great daily driver - even though Minnesota winters thanks to AWD. Handles great and performs like a dream. Not to mention the downright serene exhaust note. Suspension is firm enough to eat up the turns, but soft enough to not leave you bruised upon arrival. Great GT cruiser. Getting MUCH better MPG than the sticker claims even with fairly aggressive driving. B&O Sound system is great and a must have add on. Every time I get in this car I'm glad I went with the S5. A great blend of performance and fun - yet supply enough to be a daily driver. Now an Audi convert! (past cars MB E5004matic)

Chicago S5
By sdm on 01/16/09 11:00 AM (PST)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Have had my S5 for almost a year. Still love it every time I get in. Great overall experience. This is my 4th Audi: A8, 2 S4s and now S5. My favorite overall. Greatly improved fit/finish compared to my 2 S4s. Great in snow with high-performance snow tires. I would buy this car again without hesitation. Enjoying it too much to worry about mileage. I didn't get it for the mileage. Still like to just look at it after a year-great design.

The Perfect Automobile
By Wausau S5 on 06/01/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Audi S5 is the perfect all-around all weather car. In the time leading up to my purchase I drove the new M3, RS4, A5 and S4. The S5 is the perfect combination of performance, comfort, style, features and audible pleasure. I loved driving the M3 and was close to deciding on that car but I was a little worried about RWD in the northern Wisconsin winters that can make driving even an AWD car a challenge 6-8 months out of the year. After nearly three weeks with the S5 I can say I am thrilled with all aspects of the Audi. I disagree with people on the MPG, for a car of this type, the MPG is great. I drove 200+ highway miles today and got 23mpg. That is up from 19mpg in the 1st 1000miles.

I have named her Gemini.
By Wausau S5 on 05/18/08 00:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

So far, so great. I traded a 2007 A6 4.2 for this S5 I have driven a few cars in the last three months, A5, new M3 and my S5. The S5 is the perfect blend of performance, comfort, style, quality and all weather security. I really liked the M3 but was nervous about the Wisconsin winters and RWD. Then I saw the S5 in person, drove it and fell in love.

Classy/sporty/unique grand tourer
By cscokid on 05/16/08 17:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Took delivery back in late jan 2008. Have logged close to 2500 miles in mixed driving. Car handles phenomenally and is a head turner wherever I go. Build quality is impeccable, interior design and exterior styling make this one unique car. Also looked at the 335xi but the audi interior was more aesthetically pleasing, this layout is very driver centric. Although the car is heavy handling is precise and the car feels like it's on rails, especially in the twisties where it simply attacks the corners. Biggest downside is the v8 gas gulper but the car is such a joy to drive that the sub par gas mileage becomes bearable.

All show and plenty of go!
By NMS on 03/31/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my Audi for about 3 weeks and have had many positive comments about the car. I will say this is my first Audi but I am overall a lover of cars, owning everything from SUV's to American Muscle cars to Japanese rides such as the G-35 coupe. Positives-The S5 is an excellent ride, not too rough for a sports car, ergonomics are great, V-8 is very responsive in all gears. Day time running lights turn countless heads. I-pod integration a must. Spacious trunk. Tight handling. Negatives- electronic speed limited. No voice activated Bluetooth. Horrible gas mileage. No standard all season high performance tires.

S5
By SSG on 03/23/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The bluetooth may bring some connection headaches...but it's a hell of a machine. Key functions may also not be as well connected. Nonetheless, very comfortable and extremely smooth in gear shifting. It has an awesome shape and look to it. The base is low so parking and going thru dips may scratch the front bottom bumper

A stupid car - but in a fun way
By VKG on 03/17/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I live in the Chicago area so my initial concerns were: a) what do I do if it snows and b) the gas mileage ain't pretty. As for the snow - of which we saw a near record amount this year - the S5 drives exceptionally well. I dumped the summer performance tires within hours of picking up the car replacing them with high performance all seasons. The car's power is so easy that driving slow in rough conditions is easy. The gas mileage is terrible.

750 miles, many more to go
By Briany SF on 01/03/08 21:32 PM (PST)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Audi and by far the most fun to drive. I've owned a 2000 A4 2.8 Avant and 2006 A3 2.0T and this upholds the Audi reputation for excellent interiors and beautiful exterior design. This car is beautiful by looks and in driving. The growl of the V8 had me from the start, but sitting inside you get to appreciate the attention to car-driver intuitive design. The six-speed manual has a nice feel, but 1st can be a bit abrupt, but it's a bit new so too early to judge. Gas mileage is a definite concern (~12-22mpg), but only time will tell.

Easiest $60K choice I've ever made!
By S5 Chicago on 12/28/07 23:59 PM (PST)

2008 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

To be a first time Audi owner with a 2008 S5 is the best car experience I've ever had. The car is absolutely stunning from any angle and light setting. I have soccer moms looking at the car at stop lights! Not very easy to get used to I might add. The performance and V8 sound more than equal its stunning looks. Interior Fit and Finish are Audi's best, and the MMI is easy to use and informational. The Bang & Olufsen stereo is amazing, but its usually muted since I love hearing the V8 engine noises inside the cabin, and also with the windows down.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.