Used 2012 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

Fantastic Sedan
By donuschak

2012 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Since watching Ronin many years back when I was an adolescent, I have always dreamed of owning one of Audi's "S" cars. I have previously owned two Audi TTs and while having the latest one serviced last Spring, my salesman "graciously" let me take an S4 out for the day and I was hooked. A couple hours later I bid farewell to the TT and brought home my new S4 to a not-so-enthused girlfriend. Since then, the car has brought nothing but smiles to my face. It has more than enough power to get you into trouble, yet can be docile enough to chauffeur a group of friends around for a night out. As Ferris says: If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Favorite Features

The low-end torque - thanks to the supercharger - is intoxicating. This car is seriously quick and coupled with the optional sports rear differential, it makes the car come alive. You can handle corners at speeds that should not be possible. Interior: Audi has long been known for their interior build quality and this car does not disappoint. It comes equipped with many tech goodies and an information system that you don't need a PhD to figure out. The seats are supremely comfortable and supportive. Exterior: Subtle styling cues like the quad-exhaust and aluminum mirrors give the car a sporty appearance. Yet it still retains a conservative air that adds to its sophistication.

Suggested Improvements

Needs bluetooth music streaming and a more assertive exhaust sound when in sport mode.

Something Special
By insectile

2012 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

This car is really something. You feel pampered inside, as if it were an XJ, but you can [non-permissible content removed] at any moment. If anything the problem is the car's limits are so far out that you almost never feel like you are going fast. There's no drama. ...but in the end I want to get where I'm going safely so drama isn't what I need. For the performance, I'm getting great fuel economy. When in comfort mode my wife can enjoy driving, but there's another car in there waiting to come out when you hit dynamic. I have the mustang brown interior (Canada) with the Monsoon grey exterior and this colour combination is beautiful. Overall, I'm very happy.

Favorite Features

Active differential. Quattro. S Tronic DSG. MMI - allows two 32 gig SD cards for music, with extra space on the nav HD you can use for music as well. Wonderful leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth music streaming. Better voice commands (or direct integration with Siri on your iPhone). Fewer button clicks to access certain features (for example, I'd prefer that the 'comfort', 'dynamic', 'auto' options could just be clicked on directly instead of toggling). Saving default settings (like what drive mode you were on, or the fact that you had turned off the MMI screen).

The fm radio of my S4 broke down in 3 month
By ssdy

2012 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I bought my Audi S4 brand new November 2011. In December 2011,the radiator broke down, after a argument , the dealer agreed to replace the coolant with no charge. Today,march 3, the FM radio broke. There is nothing display on the screen and there is no sound. Yesterday, the screen went blank for about 20 minutes. Then after we turned off the engine, about 1 hour later, when we turned on the engine back, the FM came back to normal. Today we try the same thing but it doesn't work. I am really start to hate this car. I will keep posting everything that will go wrong with my car.

S4!
By ryan1845

2012 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Phantom Black 2012 S4 Prestige edition, 7 speed dual clutch S tronic, quattro, dynamic steering, Audi drive select w/ sports differential, carbon fiber inlays, power sun shades. Beautiful, powerful, dynamic, efficient, all wheel drive, 333 hp, 325 lbs torque, huge trunk, 4 door = perfect car. Sometimes BMW M owners get sad when I drive by :(

Favorite Features

The Audi drive select w/ sports differential smooths out any curves. Comfort mode = timid commute machine. Dynamic mode = snarling beast. 325 lbs of torque. Supercharged V6 = semi affordable gas prices. Bang & Olufsen sound system!!!!! The Stasis upgrade bumps the specs to 410 hp 370 lb-ft Torque....

Suggested Improvements

Audi should offer the S4 with all weather tires. The S4 should come standard with the Supercharged badge vs the V6T option.

Made me a believer!!
By audibmwguy1

2012 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I purchased my first Audi in late 2011, I purchased a 2012 Q5 2.0T, I have driven BMW's exclusively for the last 10 years and I drove the Q5 on advice from a friend that has owned several Audis. Much to my surprise, I was very pleasantly surprised with the drivability and overall build quality of my Audi. After driving the Q5 for about 3 months, I decided I wanted something a little sportier and faster and I drove the S5 convertible as well as the S4 Sedan and fell in love with the S4. I have to say that comparing the S4 to an M3 ( I have owned 3 new ones) the double clutch of the S4 is far superior, it is silky smooth and takes off like a rocket. I could not be more pleased with the car

Favorite Features

Love the seats, Bang and Olfsen Sound system rocks, the car is fast, fast, fast! Like the adaptive driving buttons, makes a huge driving difference, I have yet to put it in comfort mode. The build quality is amazing, no creaks or rattles. Sticks to the road like glue especially in the rain. I bought the car fully optioned and use every single one of them. I did purchase a 2011 BMW 335 convertible the same week so I get the best of all worlds. they are incredible looking side by side, both amazing cars.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the heated seats went up my back like the Beemer and not as quick to heat up. To many buttons in the center console, fortunately I like my gadgets but I feel it is a little overkill. Nothing I would really change on the car though, its a great value for what you get.