Used 2011 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi S4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

Great car, except for the lemon thermostat.
By audis

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Beware: The thermostat in the 2011 Audi S4 is a very well documented faulty part. Google it. Audi finally agreed to cover 10% of the $1200 repair as I was slightly over the 50K mile warranty. If you're okay with that, buy one. It's a great looking fun car.

Favorite Features

Powerful Great Looking Fun Quattro

Suggested Improvements

Find a better third party provider for the thermostat.

S-4
By jpk112

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

2011 S-4 Quartz Grey/Black Interior 6sp Manual Prestige Package Sports Differential Here is my 12 month review. Purchased the car in October 2010, have so far put 10,0000 trouble free miles on it. The car has lived up to my expectations both for performance and comfort. The shear speed of it is impressive, yet when I am just concerned with having a peaceful drive home the car delivers. Very happy to be in this car.

Favorite Features

The smooth power delivery! The quality of the car both inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

None.

2011 Audi S4 Premium Plus with S Tiptronic
By bdknights

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I just purchased this car as a CPO with 7700 miles on it. It is Meteor Gray with black/red interior. Options include the Nappa leather package, Bang & Olufsen stereo, Pirelli P-Zero's, and iPod connection. The performance of the vehicle is incredible at every level. I sold a '04 BMW M3 and '02 Porsche 911 because I needed an AWD vehicle. The S4 performs equally or better than both of those vehicles. Power is instantaneous and shifting is smooth and controlled. Interior design is well laid out with easy access to controls. The MMI system takes a little getting used to but overall it functions well once it is learned.

Favorite Features

From the time you start the car until the time you park it you will have a smile on your face. The power is incredible on every level and the Tiptronic responds immediately once the gas pedal is pressed. The interior is comfortable and logical in layout. The Bang and Olufsen stereo sounds incredible too. The rear seats are large and comfortable enough for a six foot adult. Overall, a well-rounded performance sedan on par with some of the best performing coupes and sedans on the market. 0-60 performance is in the 4.7-4.9 second range!

Suggested Improvements

Premium Plus model does not come with Memory Seats as standard. Also, the dash display is red LED which can be straining on the eyes - white or blue would've been a better choice.

Awesome Audi S4
By car510

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

This Audi S4 is now my 10th car, and it exceeds all my expectations. Over the years, I've had a BMW 325, 328, 335, and a Lexus IS 350. The Audi S4 exterior is beautiful, the interior is gorgeous, and the drive is outstanding. I love having a manual transmission, and the Audi Drive Select takes driving to a different level. Even the base stereo system is pretty good. I'm not an audiophile, so I was concerned about not getting the B&O system; but I have no regrets. It's loud, it's crisp, there's an amplifier, a subwoofer, tweeters, speakers, and it gets the job done.

Favorite Features

As much as I love the way the car looks on the outside and the inside, I love the way it drives. The engine is fantastic, and finding a manual transmission was just the perfect pairing for me.

Suggested Improvements

None. Audi makes great cars. I smile when I drive it, I look at when I walk away after I park it, and that says it all.

New 2011 prestige S4 with sport differential
By leeman11

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I have had my Audi S4 for 8 days now. Put 520 miles on it city/hwy driving. It replaces my 2001 BMW 330i. The handling and driving experience is uncomparable. It far surpasses my wildest expectations. It handles curving country roads amazingly. I must admit there is a curve on the way to work rated at 35mph that I took at 75mph this morning without even breaking a sweat (there was good visibility with no cars or creatures in sight). I highly recommend this car. Voice recognition system and MMI beats BMWs in my opinion. Driving in "dynamic" sport mode makes car very tight and responsive while "comfort" mode is good for wife and family drives!

Favorite Features

sport differential with custom tuning of steering etc. all wheel drive Audi MMI and prestige surround sound system

Suggested Improvements

none