2007 Audi S4 Consumer Review: First months of ownership

2007 Audi S4 - Consumer Review

quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Manual)

First months of ownership
By RX Express on

2007 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Audi/German car. I was looking for a fun, safe, classy car that would accommodate my 6 year old twins. I looked at all cars under 60k. The S4 fulfilled all my expectations and more. I still find new features on the car, i.e. the way it channels rain over the car not on the side windows and the memory of seat, mirror and climate settings tied to the remote. The build quality is excellent. It is so solid. The speed is addictive. Cornering is phenomenal. It's limits cannot be safely explored on the street. I am a quattro convert.

Quattro traction and cornering, DTM sport body kit with carbon fiber spoilers, thrust and smoothness of the V-8, solid, safe feel, Recaro seats, exclusivity (I've only seen 2 2007 S4s on the streets of Chicagoland), great brakes. I could go on and on. My kids saying "I want to ride in Daddy's car."

About 16.5 mpg. But, this is expected of a sports car and the gas guzzler tax was a big clue. More brake dust on the wheels than any car I've owned. Finicky clutch engagement... hard to be smooth with the wife on board. Needs a larger gas tank (16.6 gallons gets me about 275 miles between fill-ups!).