2007 S4 manual transmission
By Paul Lavelle on
2007 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)
My 5th quattro in a row, but my 1st "S". It is a sublime rocket described as a compact, four door family sedan. It may be the one of the best "sleeper" cars currently available. Its power and brakes border or intrude on true sports car territory. The build quality is superb. It is bank vault solid with close to excellent feedback of the road and driving conditions. The exhaust note sold me on the car. It is a car enthusiasts Beethoven's fifth. It will not attract unwanted attention but will certainly capture the onlookers attention as it roars past with the silky V8 at full song at 7000 RPM. Certainly my best car purchase to date and zero regrets.
Favorite Features
V8 sound. Sleeper characteristics. Superb interior. Power, brakes, handling. Amenities aplenty. Extremely aesthetic exterior with nothing screaming out to other drivers "I am a fast vehicle, come and get me." Extremely proactive and reactive from a safety standpoint. Love all wheel drive.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage, but can't really complain, I knew this when I bought it. Rear seat leg room tough for adults. I still wish Audi would fill the wheel arches as completely as BMW seems to do without lowering the car itself.