Used 2007 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

what more can i ask for
By ddd8

2007 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

A high-revving V8 with 300+ hp and torque, AWD, luxury appointments, good looks inside and out, not everyone has one, it leaves little more to desire. The only thing is better gas mileage but what can you expect from an AWD sports sedan with a V8. And it's about fair compared to other V8 sedans in its class. I will probably use all the 340hp less than 5% of the time but it's great to have the option to travel that fast when you need it. Plus that sound is music to my ears. Interior is typical Audi fashion - business like but materials, design, fit and finish are the best in the bunch. I haven't received a single complaint about the backseat room yet

Favorite Features

4.2L V8. AWD. GPS navigation. Recaro seats. DTM package.

Suggested Improvements

I know a sports sedan with AWD that weighs this much shouldn't get the best mileage but just so you know, GM can build even bigger V8's with better fuel economy. Just saying. I'm also surprised Audi hasn't figured out how to build a hand brake that doesn't interfere with the armrest. There's some great engineering in this car and then you have this annoying flaw where you have to adjust the armrest eveyrtime you pull the handbrake.

Rock Solid Machine
By joel

2007 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

After a long and arduous search and having owned many brands/models prior (BMW, Infiniti, Cadillac, Honda, Benz) I still keep coming back to Audi. Without a doubt Audi still makes the most refined and well thought out interiors in the world. I kept going back and forth between M3 and S4 and after much local searching was able to snag a low mile, pristine S4 from a private seller. Having owned an A6, 2.7T manual prior I was more than ready for a return. This car is amazing...it fits you like a glove, handles like few others on the road and is a practical hauler for life.

Favorite Features

Interior, unbridled acceleration and steering response and stealth appearance. Will roast 99% of vehicles on the road and looks like a daily driver.

Suggested Improvements

The e-brake/arm rest re-set is well known but a minor issue, a little more leg room in back would be great (addressed in '10 models).

I love this car
By Edmund

2007 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is awesome. In no way too flashy. The audi S4 performs really well and gets the job done on the road. I chose it mainly because I wanted a complete package I could enjoy for years to come. It is also a pretty rare car and I have only seen one more other exact car as mine on the road. I have the dtm package on black so its a very low profile look. The exhaust sound is very menacing stock and it sounds amazing with the windows down. The transmission shifts smoothly and the power is across the whole power band. Its amazing how you don't have to wait for any turbo to give you the extra power you need. Its all there.

Favorite Features

The front Recaros are very comfortable. The engine sounds amazing. The DTM body package is very distinct and gets me a lot of comments. The interior is second to none. I have yet to feel that any other car beat this interior. Everything is solid.

Suggested Improvements

MPG. But then again, its a V8 and it is expected. I usually get around 23 mpg on the highway which is pretty good for a performance car. I expect to own this car for years.

06 Audi S4 Sedan Manual
By S4BB

2007 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Very fun car to drive, incredible engine. Love the sound of the V8, do not love the gas mileage of the V8, but always worth it. Still the best interiors on the market. Only negative is that the brakes sometimes squeal.

Favorite Features

Engine, nav, sound, interior.

Suggested Improvements

More aggressive exterior.

2007 S4 manual transmission
By Paul Lavelle

2007 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

My 5th quattro in a row, but my 1st "S". It is a sublime rocket described as a compact, four door family sedan. It may be the one of the best "sleeper" cars currently available. Its power and brakes border or intrude on true sports car territory. The build quality is superb. It is bank vault solid with close to excellent feedback of the road and driving conditions. The exhaust note sold me on the car. It is a car enthusiasts Beethoven's fifth. It will not attract unwanted attention but will certainly capture the onlookers attention as it roars past with the silky V8 at full song at 7000 RPM. Certainly my best car purchase to date and zero regrets.

Favorite Features

V8 sound. Sleeper characteristics. Superb interior. Power, brakes, handling. Amenities aplenty. Extremely aesthetic exterior with nothing screaming out to other drivers "I am a fast vehicle, come and get me." Extremely proactive and reactive from a safety standpoint. Love all wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, but can't really complain, I knew this when I bought it. Rear seat leg room tough for adults. I still wish Audi would fill the wheel arches as completely as BMW seems to do without lowering the car itself.