Used 2007 Audi S4 Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Audi S4

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

The most compliments I've ever had
By J

2007 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Very fast, sounds mean!! I'm an old skool NY guy that's had many different cars. Used to be into American musscle back in the day.. Something happened to the exhaust and the car sounded like an out of control obnoxious American musscle car !! I loved it and it turned heads like you wouldn't believe. Unfortunately I had to get it fixed to pass inspection.. Overall I love the car and the all wheel drive is amazing in the snow. I got it with over 100k miles so I'm a little scarred to use the paddle shifters. I always drive in S.... The car gets respect from EVERY NATIONALITY , color and most importantly the girls like it lol.. It burs oil , and the glove box and center console broke. The heater makes a little noise..gas miles is horrible but what do you expect with a v8 awd monster!!? I heard there real expensive to fix so I may pick up an 05 ACURA RL Awd and put some $$ back in my pocket and cash out before anything major happens..

Bang for the buck
By mikebs4

2007 Audi S4 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Simply the best car I have owned and here is my list of previous cars: 07 M5, 05 M3, 06 Cayman, 03 M5.
Just purchased a 07 S4 convertible with 24k miles.
This is an outstanding car for the money.
It performs very well, goes where you point it and blazing fast.
I smile every time I turn the key in the morning.
Gas mileage is what it is and you can average over 20mpg in the city if you baby it. I have a family of 4 and this car is the perfect machine for a daily driver and fun for the dad.
And that Audi craftsmanship, you can’t go wrong there either.

sound, quality, speed, AWD

none

what more can i ask for
By ddd8

2007 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

A high-revving V8 with 300+ hp and torque, AWD, luxury appointments, good looks inside and out, not everyone has one, it leaves little more to desire.
The only thing is better gas mileage but what can you expect from an AWD sports sedan with a V8.
And it's about fair compared to other V8 sedans in its class.
I will probably use all the 340hp less than 5% of the time but it's great to have the option to travel that fast when you need it.
Plus that sound is music to my ears.

Interior is typical Audi fashion - business like but materials, design, fit and finish are the best in the bunch.
I haven't received a single complaint about the backseat room yet

4.2L V8. AWD. GPS navigation. Recaro seats. DTM package.

I know a sports sedan with AWD that weighs this much shouldn't get the best mileage but just so you know, GM can build even bigger V8's with better fuel economy. Just saying. I'm also surprised Audi hasn't figured out how to build a hand brake that doesn't interfere with the armrest. There's some great engineering in this car and then you have this annoying flaw where you have to adjust the armrest eveyrtime you pull the handbrake.

German V8
By lou m

2007 Audi S4 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Just purchased the car 1 month ago. I read all the car magazines and previously owned an M5, a Corvette and a Porsche Boxer, but this car beats them all. I now understand what handling like if it were on rails means. Gorgeous exterior and interior, much nicer than BMW. Sound of V8 is absolutely addictive. I love its rumble, even at low speeds. Only downer is the awful gas mileage. At 80 on the highway you be lucky to get 20 to 21 MPG (My Vette used to get close to 30)A few cowl shakes, but then, it's a convertible. I love it !

Engine performance and sound. Interior amenities and gadgets. All wheel drive. Can't wait to go skiing

Do something about that terrible gas mileage. Improve the center arm rest, you can't raise the hand brake when it is down.

Rock Solid Machine
By joel

2007 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

After a long and arduous search and having owned many brands/models prior (BMW, Infiniti, Cadillac, Honda, Benz) I still keep coming back to Audi. Without a doubt Audi still makes the most refined and well thought out interiors in the world. I kept going back and forth between M3 and S4 and after much local searching was able to snag a low mile, pristine S4 from a private seller. Having owned an A6, 2.7T manual prior I was more than ready for a return. This car is amazing...it fits you like a glove, handles like few others on the road and is a practical hauler for life.

Interior, unbridled acceleration and steering response and stealth appearance. Will roast 99% of vehicles on the road and looks like a daily driver.

The e-brake/arm rest re-set is well known but a minor issue, a little more leg room in back would be great (addressed in '10 models).