Used 2006 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

Awesome Last Minute Switch from 530XI
By Ron

2006 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I spent 6 months looking for an AWD Sport Sedan (live in NE, lots of snow and hills). Really didn't love any of them. Finally decided on BMW530XI over InfinitiM35X and LexusGS300. Went to buy 530XI and saw this at the dealer. One drive and I was sold. The car has the excitement that all the others are lacking. Acceleration, cornering, grip, etc... without the "ego" factor - understated "stealth". And the interior is much more functional than the BMW. Electronics (NAV, SAT Radio) work flawlessly! Recaro seats are perfect for a comfortable, but aggressive drive. This car competes as a realistic option for more than just the M3 it is usually compared with. I couldn't be more pleased!

Engine - the performance is awesome and the sound is incredible. Flawless handling and cornering. Confidence of AWD. Incredibly easy Nav/Stereo/SAT Radio interface. Seats (shape, adjustabilty, leather quality). Unexpected trunk capacity. Real cupholders, convenient pockets, drawers. ABS Wheels

Slightly bigger backseat. Bluetooth. Voice Recognition. Keyless entry. A touch less jiggle over bumps. Better fuel economy (but worth it for the power), or at least a bigger gas tank. Ventilated/Cooled front seats.

Simply superb
By craig

2006 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had contemplated the purchase of an M3 for quite some time until I had the pleasure of taking this baby out for a spin. How could I resist, this blows away the competition with power, luxury, performance, and not the least of all... gorgeous sound from that V8 engine.

Bluetooth phone

More wheel options, that's it!

understated coolness
By nsribner

2006 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When I test drove this car for the first time, I was amazed at how fast I could go without realizing the actual speed. Now with 5000+ miles under me, I must say I love this car. It's very forgiving around corners, no matter how fast, it just turns. I used the shifting paddles on the way home from the dealer, as I went into sixth I looked down and was doing 140 mph, effortlessly. I have since found that it will go the limiter of 155, but did that very briefly. I do find that I drive around 90 mph on the highways and pass at over a hundred, just step on the gas at 70 or so and your instantly at 100. Ride is very comfortable. And the sounds this engin makes is music. S4 is one of my favorites.

Power, agility, more power, exhaust sounds, more agility, all wheel drive. Just a very cool car. Instant up down windows. Key opens all windows and top. Beautiful nightime interior.

Poor sound system. But was easily changed. Windows should have come factory tinted. If this is all Audi did a very good job.

Kicks!
By Doctor

2006 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Much smoother, classier, funner to drive than the M3 by far! Real sports feeling.

S gear acceleration, sound of engine and superb handling

Navigation system missing for the money. Wider tires??

This car is so fun to drive!!!
By Matt H

2006 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my '06 S4 for 3 months now and I never thought driving a car could be this fun. The AWD, V8, and 4 doors are mostly why I chose it over the BMW M3. The 40/60 torque differential is also a big plus, but note that the S4's w/tiptronic do not have this feature. This car loves gasoline and I average about 17-18mpg overall, but if you can afford this car and you crave performance then gas mileage should not be an issue. The cornering is amazing and the AWD really keeps the car glued to the road. I've even driven on snow covered roads with performance tires and had no drama at all. This car does everything.

V8 that growls, AWD, handling, acceleration, overall performance, first rate build quality, very nice interior, 40/60 torque differential, 4 doors, good ride

Better gas mileage without sacrificing performance, arm rest gets in the way of the hand brake