2006 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
Fast, Rough and Thirsty
By Brian on 05/08/07 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

One of the fastest cars I have ever owned (and I like fast expensive cars), a blast to drive for fun, but after a year I can't live with it anymore. A fifteen gallon tank and 15-18 miles to the gallon means filling up every other day. At 80 mph the car is turning 3200 rpm and while the suspension feels great on back roads, on the highway (where I spend too much time) the suspension makes small road imperfections feel like speed bumps. I know I won't get much sympathy here, but when talking on the cell phone on the highway, road imperfections make my voice warble, not good when talking to clients. A GREAT weekend car, but a tough daily driver.

Audi S4 25th Quattro
By JRMSR on 04/20/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 25quattro Special Edition quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Audi is flawless with exception to the throttle. Quite abrupt and takes careful modulation to get the smoothest operation. Best car I've owned to date. Comfort is wonderful and conveniences are outstanding. Performance is on par or better than most sport cars in the higher dollar range. Engine performance and torque are nothing short of massive, without being peaky. Lug it in a lower gear and it accelerates away without hesitation. I can't wait to drive the RS4. Fit and trim is perfect. Transmission is precise with positive shifting. Front to rear bias is absolutely terrific with neutral steering. Sound system is perfectly matched to the Audi without being harsh and overbearing.

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan
By Car Critic on 10/22/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great all-around car with few compromises. I traded a 2003 M3 for my S4. I love the S4s V8 rumble, MUCH better than the M3's metallic howl at higher rpm. The S4 is a technology showcase (w/ NAV.sys) vs the basic M3. The M3 wins by the numbers (0-60, slalom times, etc), but the Audi is easier to live with and more luxury. The AWD S4 pulls effortless out of a corner; the stability system remains invisible unless real trouble is at hand.

Who needs a BMW?
By Tim on 10/05/06 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After test driving a new Corvette and a Boxster S, I drove the Audi S4. I fell in love with the S4! Great looks, the sweetest interior, and a cool sounding exhaust note. The MMI system and the Sirius radio help keep my mind from driving this car as fast as it wants to go!

The best I've owned
By Jgutman on 09/29/06 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The moment I test drove it I fell in love. Have owned M3s and C55. Nothing corners like the S4. Rigid body, great handling, powerplant sounds like Mozart wrote the notes. Passing ability, and comfort are all just perfect. No reason to have a porsche. Trunk is huge, will hold two golf bags in comfort. I do not think I could have done better, and I test drove them all. Quality and finish are impeccable. Even the factory blue tooth, and navigation, as well as premium sound are superior. Good going Audi!

Great convertible
By Audi lover on 07/03/06 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The S4 convertible is a stylish car! I have driven mine for 2000 miles now and just love it. Compared to other convertibles in this high performance range you get much more car for your money. I looked at the M3, but found the Audi better for every day driving. Great and smooth 8 cyl engine

Awesome Last Minute Switch from 530XI
By Ron on 06/25/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I spent 6 months looking for an AWD Sport Sedan (live in NE, lots of snow and hills). Really didn't love any of them. Finally decided on BMW530XI over InfinitiM35X and LexusGS300. Went to buy 530XI and saw this at the dealer. One drive and I was sold. The car has the excitement that all the others are lacking. Acceleration, cornering, grip, etc... without the "ego" factor - understated "stealth". And the interior is much more functional than the BMW. Electronics (NAV, SAT Radio) work flawlessly! Recaro seats are perfect for a comfortable, but aggressive drive. This car competes as a realistic option for more than just the M3 it is usually compared with. I couldn't be more pleased!

Simply superb
By craig on 06/11/06 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had contemplated the purchase of an M3 for quite some time until I had the pleasure of taking this baby out for a spin. How could I resist, this blows away the competition with power, luxury, performance, and not the least of all... gorgeous sound from that V8 engine.

understated coolness
By nsribner on 05/01/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When I test drove this car for the first time, I was amazed at how fast I could go without realizing the actual speed. Now with 5000+ miles under me, I must say I love this car. It's very forgiving around corners, no matter how fast, it just turns. I used the shifting paddles on the way home from the dealer, as I went into sixth I looked down and was doing 140 mph, effortlessly. I have since found that it will go the limiter of 155, but did that very briefly. I do find that I drive around 90 mph on the highways and pass at over a hundred, just step on the gas at 70 or so and your instantly at 100. Ride is very comfortable. And the sounds this engin makes is music. S4 is one of my favorites.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By esam1 on 04/29/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi S4 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The S4 Cabriolet is beautiful inside and out, performs like no other cruiser-sports car, and commands a price that is less than its competition by thousands. There is no car I'd rather own- unless you're talking about the RS4 Cabriolet (but I wouldn't want such bad gas mileage right now)!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.