2005 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
The last car i want to own
By JP on 12/04/04 11:34 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had a number of cars over the years. I have had the small sports car to the suv ... and nothing can compare to the feeling I get in this. From the handling to the roar of the motor ... it is all pleasure. I acutally like driving in the rain now - thanks in part to Quattro. It is the most fun car I have ever driven.

A great car with problems !!!
By amp_ny on 12/02/04 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I got this car in May 2004. It's a great, fun car to drive but I have several minor problems but the most important one is, while driving between 900-1100 rpm or when i go down gear, I hear a vibration. it sounds like coming from the muffler but it doesnt. Went back to the dealer twice and finally second time, they said that it's coming from the drive chain. Maybe they will have to take the engine out to fix it.

WOW
By carlylsdad on 12/01/04 22:30 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded my 2000 s4 twin turbo for this v-8 model and WOW. It handles great and accelerates great. I thought they couldn't improve on the '00 model, but was I wrong. What an upgrade! Drive this and it sells itself.

Superb Sleeper Sedan ...
By jerry123 on 11/24/04 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The S4 goes like a bullet train - has prodigious grip, incredible high speed stability, corners like its on rails, very fast and linear power delivery. Just like a Subaru WRX STi, but without the boy racer image and better build quality. Also has low profile looks - literally re-defines the term "wolf in sheep's clothing". The S4 also has a true "Jekyl & Hyde" character, can be nice one minute and a total beast the next minute. I'm still not sure why anyone would prefer a RWD over an AWD, especially when grip, stability and handling is important to piloting a ultra high performance sedan/coupe. I can see why FWD is inferior to an AWD/RWD, but RWD to AWD?

Best High Performance All Weather Car
By LJG on 11/15/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Upgraded from '00 S4 to '04 S4 and the car is absolutely awesome. Just when I thought they couldn't improve an already incredible car, they did! Power and handling are incredible. The V8 sounds phenomenal. Recaros are superb. With snow tires, the S4 is just as awesome in the winter with snow! There really is no comparison for the entire package. STi is a very different beast and the M3 is only a part time fun car in the snow belt. Add to the fact that you can get this car in sedan, wagon, or convertible and you can pick your perfect car to drive all-year round.

Ausgezeichneter!
By WilliamStivelman on 11/12/04 00:42 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car after erroneously purchasing an M3 and owning it for 49 days. While the BMW is a superb- handling and braking race car, it is not liveable for the long haul. It's impossible to shift smoothly. Its ergonomics are variable, at best fair. The seat is fair for a tall driver. The S4, on the other hand, is a breath of fresh air. Its controls are logical logical and pragmatic. Its handling is elegantly sublime, and its power, the POWER, well, it's unbelievable. The shifter carves to perfection. The car has a buttery smooth feel. The build quality is far better than VW's already excellent mid- priced siblings.

Unbelievable
By asantrosyan1 on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's like a cat - can be soft and purring, can be lightening-quick and aggressive. I'm still in break-in period, so I don't push it to the limit, but I am yet to hear the wheels spin. The traction matches that of a Panzer. Some people know what "S4" means, but most don't. Imagine faces unsuspecting friends who test-drive your "new Audi" :))

The best all year round car
By lig on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the perfect all year round vehicle. The 340hp pulls you courteosy a 4.2l v8. I came from an 01 s4 to the 05 and there is a dramatic improvment all throughout. Handling is like a knife, acceleration is scary, interior is very smartly designed with everything in easy reach. Seats offer excellent support and comfort. I have not one complaint about this amazing machine.

Great performance and day-to-day driving
By pags on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Been driving for one week and love it. Will write another review in a few months to see if I have changed my mind. Excellent car so far. Does not drive like a A4 or Passat at all. I have driven them both. This car should not be compared with other high performance rear-wheel drive cars like it has been (esp. M3), but with other AWD sedans. I have yet to see one that could come close to the S4's performance, yet.

amzing s4
By car fanatic on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the absolute best car i have everd owned. I have owned close to 60 cars including bmw's and mercedes. It drives amazingly and has tons of power. Very comfortable Recaro seats.