Used 2005 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

Best Car - Even if it's Thirsty
By S4 Convert

2005 Audi S4 Sedan New quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

By far the best car I've ever owned, and I've had a bunch. Drives like a four door Porsche C4. I get bored quickly with cars, but every time I get in the S4 it feels like I've been given a gift. If you are a car enthusiast, you simply can't have a bad time in this car. You pay for the V-8 when you fill up (you can use regular, though), but you're more than equally rewarded when you step on the accelerator.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, build quality, practicality, fun-to-drive.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy.

Wow
By s4pimpdaddy

2005 Audi S4 Sedan New quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow, what a machine. I upgraded from a Volkswagen GTI to this and this car is light years ahead of anything else I've ever driven. The AWD is flawless, the Recaro leather seats hold you in, and the quality of the interior is second to none. My only gripe about this car is the awful gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The heated leather Recaros, the powerful V8, and a plethora of other accessories that came with this.

Suggested Improvements

With all the technology out there, they should have found a way to get better gas mileage out of a V8.

Fantastic!
By Punchai

2005 Audi S4 Sedan New quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Honestly, itís too early for me to objectively rate all the characteristics. Itís SO much fun to drive - rain or shine. The engine is a beast and roars like a race car . . . people stare and frequently someone will ask what Iím driving. I love all the amenities Ė Recaro seats, Bose, NAV, XM, etc., etc. The ride is awesome and handling is second to none. My biggest criticism is that city gas mileage is poor (though comparable or better than a big truck or SUV).

Favorite Features

Performance, ride, handling, comfort, and amenities.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

The best car ever in my opinion
By Russ

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Jensen Healey, x2 Jaquars, x3 BMW incl a 2003 M3 roadster, x3Mercedes, a Volvo and a couple domestics. This is the best of the bunch for fun, comfort, driving ease @ all speeds and slick in all respects. And a bargain price for all that. I was on the list for a BMW M5 and luckily took this out for a test drive!!

Favorite Features

Totally well setup interior design and every feature you could want except for an oil temperature guage so you can know for sure when it is okay to wind up the sweet 350 hp V8 to 7000 RPM.

Complete Package
By c2silver

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Has 4 wheel drive, power, good visibility, and not too many other S4's on the road.

Favorite Features

Power, great handling, heated seats, navigation, high quality interior, good looking, very smooth six speed manual shifter, full size spare tire, good tunk area.

Suggested Improvements

More HP, voice-activated nav system, better gas mileage.