2005 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
Excellent Bahnstormer, Minor Flaws
By Steve on 02/16/05 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

A unique car, if you focus more on content than styling. While the car is plenty handsome, it looks much like the lesser A4 - a car that is some $15k cheaper. The rims, spoiler and aluminum mirror housings help differentiate it somewhat. Looking at and touching the leather, wood and excellent plastics is a pleasure. All controls are precise, well-placed and expensive feeling. I chose this car for its more sporting nature than the A6, the more youthful attitude than the Cadillac CTS, and the extra doors relative to the M3. To my eye, it is better looking and sportier than the choices from Japan and the US. Finally, at $52K, it is significantly less expensive than V8's from MB or BMW.

One sweet ride
By chuckg32 on 01/27/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow. There isn't enough space in this review to dothe 2005 Audi S4 justice. I was close to purchasing a BMW 330i w/performance package. At the last minute I decided to look at the S4. There is no simply no comparison. The fit and finish of the interior are the superb quality that you would expect from Audi. It's very comfortable, yet the Recaro seats never let you forget you are in a performance car. Speaking of performance, the acceleration is simply breathtaking, and the handling is very sure-footed, thanks to the quattro. The exterior styling is classy, with a slightly aggressive edge to it. This is a perfectly understated sports sedan. The clincher? I got a better lease deal on the S4 than the 330i!

One sweet ride
By chuckg32 on 01/27/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow. There isn't enough space in this review to do my Audi S4 justice. I was close to purchasing a BMW 330i w/performance package. At the last minute I decided to look at the S4. There is no simply no comparison. The fit and finish of the interior is the superb quality you expect from Audi. It's very comfortable, yet the Recaro's never let you forget you are in a performance car. Speaking of performance, the acceleration is simply breathtaking, and the handling is very sure-footed, thanks to the quattro. The exterior styling is classy, with a slight aggressive edge to it. A perfectly understated sports sedan. The clincher? I got a better lease deal on the S4 than the 330i!

This car is great
By aes on 01/18/05 11:00 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

My 2005 Audi S4 is great. It has lots of power and the engine is very flexible. The interior is laid out very nicely and looks very clean. The car is a great sleeper. Most don't know what the car is of what it is capable - until you blow by them. The fuel economy is a little low though. The low mileage wouldn't be as big a problem if the car had a bigger tank to increase the cruising range.

1st Audi
By AudiGuy on 01/16/05 16:49 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 2005 Audi S4 is about my 20th new car in my lifetime and the most fun to drive. I carefully compared all the obvious choices and decided the S4 provided the most bang for the buck. It fits the need for superb perfomance yet everyday drivability. It is a little small to get in and out of but reasonably comfortable while seated. It goes like a bat out of hell and the sport mode for the 7 speed auto is dynamite! It is a real performer. It's a much better value than any BMW. My only complaints are the lousy drink holders and no GPS system. Aftermarket is the answer. The auto A/C unit is a little hard to adjust for maximum confort. But the throatty V8 and the acceleration makes it all worthwhile.

You can have your cake and eat it too
By Sean on 01/16/05 03:01 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 2005 Audi S4 is the true balance between genuine sport preformance and luxury. After driving the BMW M3 and Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG, I completely understood Car and Driver magazine's review when all these cars were tested head to head. Besides the awsome traction in all conditions, this car can handle off roading like a king, which I found out by mistake during my journey to Lake Arrowhead California. This car is the master of all trades.

Monster S4
By Anwar on 01/10/05 23:11 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Extreme acceleration, handling, and comfort. The S4 has and does it all. This car leaps off the line, and corners like glue. The Recaro seats are the most comfortable I have experienced to date. I love the rumble of the V8 and the way it pulls you into the seats all the way to 7000 rpms. I didn't expect it to be such a beast and a head turner all wrapped into one complete package.

2005 Audi S4
By G on 01/04/05 12:14 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Audi S4 is an iron fist in a silk glove. Every time you hit the right foot it feels like two hands shoving you forward, and it corners like it's on rails. I took the family allroad 2.7T to the dealer for a service, and test drove the S4 while I waited. I had a 2000 A4 2.8 before and was curious... I got out grinning from ear to ear and feeling like I'd been on a rollercoaster. The deal was $2,000 down/ $499 month, it was a steal I signed up for on the spot. The tiptronic was not nearly as much fun as the manual 6 spd. It shifts up to 6th and rumbles along most of the time. However, the auto has better fuel economy, just enough to avoid the $1700 gas guzzler tax for the manual.

Best Buy!
By Michael on 12/28/04 00:41 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

What a great car? Between this S4, the Mercedes C55 AMG, and BMW M3, the S4 is clearly the best. It goes 0-60 in just over 5 seconds, but the best feature is by far its stellar handling. The Quattro delivers perfection around every turn: there is NO NEED to brake! The interior is also very stylish and quite comfortable, while the exterior maintains the look of a sporty vehicle. Everything is very ergonical (easy to use) from the radio to the tiptronic transmission (which is VERY smooth). The trunk is quite large for its class and can easily hold several golf bags or pieces of luggage. I love everything about this car from the most minute detail to the 340 HP V8 beast under the hood! A++++++!

Speed and looks...
By 2005S4 on 12/28/04 00:36 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Awesome car, very fast, great handling.