2005 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
After a year
By ravenn on 09/24/05 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm coming up on the one year anniversary with my 2005 S4 B6 Sedan QM and don't regret it one bit. I drove a 2004 Audi A4 1.8TQM previously and the few minor complaints I had with it are gone in the S4. The power is awesome, handling is crisp, loves the mountain roads and the freeways equally. It's a little soft for the racetrack, but the recaro seats grip wonderfully. The Bose sound package is nice, except for the auto volume control-had some annoying issues with that. I'm also glad I got in before they change the body style-can't say that I'm a fan of the fishmouth grill. So, a year later, I still love the car. I have a smile on my face everytime I go to drive it. Well built and safe.

fun to drive
By rad97 on 09/21/05 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was trying to decide which car to lease, so I test drove BMW 330, Lexus GS430, Infiniti M45 and FX45. They were all good cars, but for the money and performance the Audi S4 sedan was the best. For 49K you get the fastest and best handling car with all wheel drive to boot. Only complaint is small fuel tank and having to switch to snow tires for the winter.

GREAT CAR !
By SERGIO on 09/16/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan New quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, a blast to drive, fit and finish superb. Amazing fuel economy for a v8. will satisfy anyone. AWD is extremely helpful.

INCREDIBLE, AWESOME AND TOTAL FUN
By Garner Bennett on 08/06/05 22:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

As a former BMW owner of a 3, 5, and 7 series over the years I approached Audi with caution and curiosity. The moment I drove the 2005 S4 I was hooked! The handling, power, style and sheer performance surpassed all other cars I've owned. As a Realtor and 'need' for a larger car the small size of the S4 is a compromise, but very much worth it in all respects. I now enjoy the hours I spend in my car! Don't think twice... buy this car and you'll never regret it!

drive and you will buy
By mike on 07/05/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

best driving car ever only car that compared was the turbo porche suv.

S4 V8 Tiptronic
By david smail on 06/10/05 20:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan New quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded a 2002 S4 with Triptonic; didn't relish giving up the visceral whine of the twin turbos, but the burble of the V8's exhaust is music to my ears. The 2005.5 cost $14,000 more than the 2002; however, it has a lot more content, e.g. Recaro seats to die for, puddle lights, automatic headlights, rain sensing windshield wipers, etc. that makes the price easier to swallow. It is a mature driver's sports sedan, not a frantic M3, or boy racer STI. It is easy to drive fast responsibly. The paddle shifters can be activated while in "D" or "S" which gives you best of both worlds i.e. fully automatic or Tip. Audi Driver (UK) suggests the tip is faster after launch than the stick version...

S4 vs M3
By lfbmdpc on 05/20/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased 2005 old style fascia S4/6M with premium/cold pkg & upgraded stereo. Good fit & finish, raw power throughout the power band, and is a superb performance automobile that any enthusiast would enjoy.

Excellent in the snow
By eric in wyoming on 04/02/05 00:48 AM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan New quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my new S4 in November, and with the original performance Dunlop tires, nearly totaled it with the first snowstorm. New 18 inch Pirelli Snowsports (even though they recommended 17 inches with new rims of course) completely solved the problem with minimal compromise in ride and handling quality. I cross shopped an M3 and CTS-V, but living in the snowbelt, the quattro was the clincher. Forget the gas guzzler tax and definetely go for the manual transmission. The dealership even let slip that they'll pay for a new clutch under the scheduled warranty if you accidentally burn the original one out.

2005 Audi S4
By VW on 03/14/05 14:49 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wonderful car, have been driving it for 4 weeks. I find myself taking the long way home just for fun. For those who want it all in a car that can be driven year round in the NE, this is it.

My 4th Audi
By CT Audi Driver on 02/21/05 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

My S4 is my fourth Audi, but my first with a big person's engine. Coming from a 2.8 V6 and 2 1.8T fours, the performance of this car is fabulous. I loved the interior on my first 3 Audis and this is a natural evolution. No need to change perfection, they just spiced it up with superb Recaro seats, and carbon fiber(optional) trim. Other than that, it is virtually identical to my 2002 A4 (which is to say, excellent). The exterior is great too, looking much more muscular than the A4, but not so much so that it stands out. This car is a true wolf in sheep's clothing. So far, its quality is consistant with my other Audis, excellent.