Used 2005 Audi S4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

My Electric Blue Beach Buggy
By Steve Morris

2005 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Audi S4 Quattro soft-top is a beautifully manufactured machine. I think that the degree of attention to detail; both fom both an ergonomic and design standpoint are about the best in the business. I have owned Mercedes Benz, Porsches, including a Turbo Carrera, a 1987 Maserati Quattroporte, GTO, Morgan +4, BMW Z3, but this Audi SA Cabriolet is the most "together" car I have ever owned. The 335HP V-8 coupled with the smooth 6 speed shifter is a joy. Sure, not Ferrari fast, but driving in Los Angeles is more about responsive on-tap acceleration and Quattro manuverability. The electric covertible top is a piece of enginneering beauty.

Off the line punch and exhaust growl and the not too subtle suberb drivability, be careful, this puppy screams in traffic, and merges on the freeway onramp like a Vulcan warrior on steroids.

None I can identify yet - only have a couple of 2000 miles on the odometer at this point.

Drop Top Fun
By newaudilover

2005 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my 2005 Audi S4 quattro Cabriolet over a 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible, 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK 500, and 2005 BMW M3 Convertible. After a brief test drive, my wife and I were both very excited about this car. It had the leg and headroom I need (I'm 6'5"), as well as the comfort and convienience my wife wanted. The performance is great in S mode, very laid back in Drive (the Corvette is much faster). The handling is great (equal to the Corvette and BMW, better than Mercedes). This car's fit and finish are wonderful. The navigation system is the best I've used. I have not been this excited about a car in a very long time. I can even live with the low fuel economy.

I enjoy having the the only Audi on the roads, instead of one of the many BMWs or Mercedes. The FUN factor of driving this car.

Have the passenger side mirror tilt down to assist in backing uo.

S4 Cabriolet
By Chris

2005 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

My 2005 Audi S4 Cabriolet is a total rocket! It was clearly built to appeal to men and it delivers with ease. I found the car more appealing than the BMW M3 Convertible. I particularly love the sound of the 340 horsepower V8 engine and the great 6 speed stick transmition. It has all the bells and whistles a luxury car should have. The electric top goes up or down in a flash. This is the most fun car I've owned.

Beautiful red leather upholstery, great seats and satellite radio

The grey birch trim is a little too dark. I'd prefer the amber vavona wood offered on the A4. I'd also like a matching wood trim steering wheel. This car's gas milage is only around 15 in town and a little over 20 on the highway. Not bad, but hey this car makes a statement!

Gotta love that torque at 3,500 RPM
By Jeremy

2005 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 2005 Audi S4 Cabriolet is my third Audi to date. I used to be a BMW fanatic, but after I test drove my first A4 2.8 Quattro, I just had to trade in my BMW 325iC -- and I never looked back. I have considered the S4 for quite some time. So I said enough with the 'considering' and it was time I got into one. I'm more than glad I did! What a fun car to drive. It has excellent handling, like every Quattro model, enough power, and that V8 engine feels light. It has great smooth lines. It doesn't look intimidating, but yet its looks can be deceiving because of what's under the hood. The bad stuff -- as always, there is not a whole lot of room in the back. But for now, my 5-year old daughter loves it with the top down, and so do I!

I have to say, I really like the feel of that 302 lb/ft of torque at about 3,500 RPM. That's when I find myself saying 'bye bye' to a bunch of punks out there that try to race me on the road and the highway. The black with pearl effect, black/silver interior and the carbon fiber trim look beautiful.

If I could suggest one thing to Audi, I would ask them to make these machines with a spoiler and body kit to make it a little sportier. That's all.

Simply Gorgeous
By Bob

2005 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Easily the best car I've ever owned, the S4 Cabriolet is just beautiful. Its exhaust sound is creamy smooth, it has a much nicer a sound than my outgoing A6 2.7T. Its interior is perfect, the only flaw being that the rear seat armrests are a little intruding. Otherwise, it's a very comfortable convertible. It's a much better value than a BMW M3 Convertible, which doesn't even have power seats standard, and a much much better value than the Mercedes-Benz CLK 55, which is $85,000. The S4, almost fully- loaded, is around $60,600. I love it more than any other car.

The beautiful exhaust sound, its graceful exterior lines, sleeper status, luxurious interior, obvious speed, and stunning style cues.

Make the rear armrests a little less intruding, and add rear seat-heaters in A4 models.