Fairly Impressed
By Proud Dad on
2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)
Was looking for a 4 door with some grunt...domestics (Charger, Impala, etc) were garbage. S4 head and shoulders above. This car gets after it. Seats are extremely supportive and engine growl is addicting. Hugs the road and begs for curves. Don't know if I would recommend for a commuter car. Made more for crooked back roads. Best looking car on road in my opinion and it's 5 years old at this point! Averaging around 19 combined mpg--and that's with me "going easy" on acceleration and driving a lot of interstate. Like I said, not necessarily a commuter car or a car that's going to attract a lot of attention (a good thing in my book!).
Favorite Features
recaro seats (a little stiff for some, but definitely supportive!); ergonomics; exhaust note; solid build; dashing good looks
Suggested Improvements
Know what you're getting into: gas mileage is not its strong suit. I've had a few headaches with check engine light, but easily forgotten after a few curves! Have a good mechanic in mind before buying used--repairs are notoriously costly (especially at dealership)