AWD Rocket
By anchorage on
2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)
2004 Audi S4 Manual 26K miles I'm 6' 250 lbs Male What a blast to drive. I bought this low mile beauty above market and it was a joy to drive. Both it the city where I absolutely rocketed between stoplights and in the city where I flew around curves the Audi never stopped delighting me. I had the manual (which is why I had to sell it after only 2K miles due to a bad knee) which I imagine is more fun. It stuck to the road like it was glued. I never really drove it in the winter so the AWD was only tested in rain - it worked great. Absolutely a joy to drive unless stuck in traffic. I could not make myself go slow unless I was trapped in traffic. I replaced it with a Pontiac G8 GT.
Favorite Features
POWER - lots of it all the time. Brakes were excellent. Seats are Recarro covered with leather and very very nice and supportive. Interior build materials are very nice and luxurious feeling. I loved the headlight spray feature to clean them during snow melt in Alaska when everything is dirty for 3 weeks. AWD is a must if you want to enjoy it in the winter and live in snow areas. It's a very beautiful car. I loved the manual built in sun shades in the rear side windows for my child and the electric sun shade on the back window which can also be used to dim the headlights of those following you at night like a dimming mirror.
Suggested Improvements
Blizzak lm-60 tires not great in the snow and terrible in ice. I had no problems in brief ownership but Audi are legendary for poor reliability and high repair bills that's why I paid out upfront for a very low mile example. Blind spot visibility is terrible. Car is too small for large people and so low on the ground getting in and out is a struggle. Once you are in it's very comfortable but very tight. If you are 150 lbs you will like it. I replaced it with a Pontiac G8 GT and that is very comfortable for 4-5 large adults and just as fast. If only it was AWD. Due to tight size it was very difficult to get my 1 year old into her car seat.