One Happy Guy
By DoltDodger on
2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)
Test drove several Mercedes, owned two BMWs, this car is about the perfect balance for me. I prefer the more immediate steering feel of a BMW, however Audi has done a great job with the steering in this car. (All wheel drive prevents it being any better.) I also perfer rear wheel drive, but this car doesn't have the obnoxious front wheel drive feel most AWD cars provide. The power is great fun, the ride exceptional given the performance envelope of the car. I can't find fault with the interior, & actually love the stealthy exterior. A BMW M3 may be quicker, but not by much, and the ride is much worse. Don't buy a performance sedan without test driving an S4.
Favorite Features
Power, handling, supple ride for the little monster it is. Very nicely balanced road car.
Suggested Improvements
Wider gear ratio's to allow better mileage would help. I never use all six unless I'm really hooking it in the mountains. The arm rest isn't vertically adjustable. It should be. I did get spoiled by a heated steering wheel in a BMW 740, That would be a nice addition here.