2004 Audi S4 Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
Fun but on second engine
By dexters4 on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, lots of fun, much quicker than previous S4, but reliability very poor, had to have engine replaced within first month. Quality otherwise very impressive, could get better mileage but with a car like this, who cares. Sealer service dept great, but rest of dealership experience terrible. Audi America has work to do.

If you have the means...
By salmjo1 on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Each piece is done just right: glorious motor, slick gearbox, fabulous seats, sharp styling, all the creature comforts. This car is just incredible to drive.

S4 vs M3, I have both
By Audibmw on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

S4 is soooo much more the total package. How can anyone drive an M3 and an S4 and really like the M3 , unless they plan on driving at the track. I am still not sure the M3 will beat it. And it will take so much effort trying. That's the difference. And you don't feel like a "hood" driving an S4. It just goes and sounds great doing it.

Joy to Drive
By doccybr on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car puts a smile on my face everytime I get behind the wheel. It is not only fun to drive with its all- wheel drive "quattro" system, but also has the performance matching its handling. The tiptronic transmission is wonderful with smooth shifts, and if you want to shift manually, the paddle shifters are great behind the steering wheel. The engine has a wonderful sound and I love to drive the car without the stereo on just to listen to it. It looks great both inside and out. This is what Porsche would have built, if you could buy a sedan from them.

Best Drive
By gvanpelt on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned several Audis including two high end wagons, a 200 Wagon and a 95 S6 Wagon, both very strong performing cars especially on the highway, but this car is at whole other level. Although the other two wagons were turbos the 340 HP V8 in the S4 is far quicker in any gear at any speed, there is never any turbo lag, step on it and it moves. The S4 is a great highway drive, but it is also has a sporter feel that my older larger Audis. Far and away the best car I have ever owned. I may buy a second.

Great Car
By kristopher9012 on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Never had any problems with it It is really great and for the cars size it is great on gas

S4Joy
By pedro3 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my daily commuting car(110 miles r/t), and it is very sporty and handles exceptionally well.The suspension is stiff but the comfort of the seats more than makes up for that.It's great for a short haul or a multi-hour drive even though the back seat is a bit tight.The interior/exterior build quality is excellent.The gas mileage is a bit worse than I had initially expected at an avg of 14mpg. With this much torque and HP one could easily drive this car in 6th gear most of the time where I see 18mpg+, but the lower gears make for a lot of fun!The Quattro system is just as good as I remember from my old A4.

2004 S4 Brilliant Black
By mwrose on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

great every day performance car. With proper tires, a capable winter car. Very linear power delivery, well balanced handling, and suspension that works with the driver.

Amazing.
By FrontLine on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Audi wasn't even in my vocabulary when I went to look for a new car but I passed it walking out to test drive a few Porsche vehicles and thought, what a beautiful understated car. I went out in the Porsche and went back and said lets take the S4 out. Needless to say 100mph through a cloverleaf with no traction loss and I was sold. Its a beautiful car inside and out my ONLY complaint is the cupholder in the dash stinks.

My Track Car
By ashear on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I raced this car stock and it far exceeded my expectations. Zero brake fade, like the old model had. Tourqe from all speeds, I constantly skip gears when I normally drive, it has more power than it really would ever need.