2004 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
fun, comfortable, rocket
By 47xuf1 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in an A4, which I loved, for this car, but this car is in another league from any other car I have ever driven or owned. The engine is just unreal. It pulls from any RPM. The handling is sublime and the interior is just beautiful. Every time I drive this car it puts a smile on my face.

sleeper wagon
By lisainla on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I think that this car was custom made for me by the powers that be. My husband knew he was sunk as soon as I sat in it! The wagon is such a sleeper, just to see the look on the faces of the wanna be racers I blow away on the freeway makes me giddy. Yet, the wagon is extremely versatile. I have 2 large labs that I cart around in the cargo space, with the seats up! I take long trips with the dogs and the car is super comfortable and performs in all types of weather. The seats hug you comfortably and overall the car's performance it stellar. I LOVE IT!! Was gonna hold out for the BMW545it, but glad I didn't.

audii
By al-bon on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Audi S4 is a great car all the way around..... only if it had better gas milage it would be a 10

Stable rocketry!
By timcrow on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Quite simply put, one of the most stable rides out there. An incredibly well thought out machine at a price point that makes more expensive "comparable" cars in class appear laughably over-valued. Ask any German national, by the way, which of the big three manufacturers cranks out the finest auto and without fail, they'll say Audi (I've tested this on several occasions). Do yourself a favor and at least take an S4 for a test drive.

Little Rocket
By Chi-town S4 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This was quite an upgrade from the 2000 S4 2.7 Turbo I owned before. This car is nothing but fun to drive (except in rush hour traffic). Besides the ride of the car, it's also a very classy looking car (I love the chrome mirrors). I have yet to meet an M3 driver who isn't impressed with this S4. I recommend this car to anyone considering it.

S4 Cab,,,, the best of all worlds!
By tmS4cab on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Amazing looks, performance, comfort, safety, room for 4 real people, top- down fun and .... all-wheel drive! The 6 spd. stick is precise with crisp, short throws. Keeping engine rpms below 4500 in this break-in period, but there is a ton of torque on hand in any gear! Can't wait to "air it out". Ordered the car back in January and took delivery *exactly* when expected. The Light Silver Alcantra interior is rich and luxurious and contrasts against the Black trim beautifully. Chose the optional Carbon-Fiber trim rather than the dark brown walnut. Ordered mine Moro (dark) Blue with matching Blue top. Car feels *very* solid, hugging the road.

Why has no one heard of the S4?
By chrisincalif on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had an '03 A4 CVT (hated CVT) and upgraded to my S4. I actually laughed out loud the first time I drove it. An amazing car. The sound of the engine alone makes you want to get behind the wheel. The all-wheel drive provides a secure feeling around corners. Design-wise, no domestic, BMW or Benz or Japanese car even compares. I had a Nogaro blue with enhanced black/blue interior. The seats "hug" you and makes you feel secure while driving.

2004 V8 vs. 2001 Biturbo
By adeshpa on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2001 S4 biturbo for a 2004 6-spd. The 2004 is very quick (with MT clocking a 5 second 60 MPH sprint, versus the factory's 5.6 est.), with an incredibly usuable torque curve. Unlike the 2001, there is no lag in acceleration, and it pulls hard from 2k RPM all the way to 5k before tailing off--you don't have to work the engine hard to bring a smile to your face. The torque is noticeable on the highways as well, where 60-90 MPH sprints pass by in a blur. Minuses--Fit and finish is poorer, mileage is terrible, harsh ride (esp. if you live in the NE), adaptive steering and handling generally can be irritating. Gripes are small.So far I love it.

Love my new S4 Cabrio
By KenSchwartz on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is quick off the line with true appeal on turns. The SMG paddle shifters give the control of a stick without the annoyance of a clutch in traffic. Stereo is clear, seats are so comfortable. This thing is just great in turns and loves to jump off the line. I had a 1999 Corvette and I like this more - can't believe I'm saying this. Mine- brilliant red with silver/wood interior.

Racecar fun, SUV utility and MPG
By christhegoalie on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi S4 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I am one of the 10 Americans that LOVE wagons and this one is as good as you can buy. I have the one from the ads, blue w/ blue and black int. Looks awesome. V8 is stellar! (especially after you add the APR complete exhaust sys.) Great brakes (I might even leave them factory!) Decent suspension (likely to upgrade) Downside: Even being super nice I can't get 20 MPG.