2004 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
Bought it used
By R on 03/28/05 19:01 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Have only had the car (2004 S4 sedan) for a few weeks, but I love it so far! I bought it used with high mileage for a 1 year old car. But it runs great, and as every other owner has said, lots of fun to drive, extra power in all gears, and 4WD to boot. I test drove a BMW 330xi, but compared to the 330ci it just didn't seem to have the same power. A better comparison to the S4 would be the M3xi -- oh, but there's no such thing! ;)

This Cab is perfect!!
By S4 CAB in Cali on 03/12/05 20:45 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned the cabriolet for a month now and I must say that it has far surpassed my expectations. The inside of the cabin is just beautiful. The car gets long glances all the time - on the highway, in parking lots, etc. Once you tune the sound system properly, it sounds amazing (the subpar sound had me worried for a while). Power is superb and visibility is not that bad for a Cab. Mileage can be poor if your foot is made of lead, but easy acceleration brings it back to average. But where's the fun in that!!!

My S4
By tmiele on 03/08/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

My 2004 Audi S4 is a great car! I had a 2000 S4 for four years and 50,000 without experiencing any problems. It was fun to drive all year long. The 2004 is even better. Everything has been improved.

yessir that's my baby
By Sharon on 02/13/05 11:01 AM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Sometimes I believe my S4 leaves the road and soars through the air! It glides around corners, stops on a dime and is always willing to go faster than I am. It is beautiful and I still get excited everytime I slip in behind the wheel. Taking the top down on the freeway is wonderful. Sometimes I feel guilty about the as milage...but, well, what can I say, I'm in LOVE!

A RUSH TO DRIVE THE 2004 S4
By danslucky2 on 02/11/05 01:06 AM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I looked around for a hi-power engine stuffed in a small car. The M3 came only in 2 door/stick shift and the AMG didnt have the sporty looks and ride. The S4 has awesome power. I can hardly touch the gas pedal and this baby leaps forward. Cornering is easy to stick as all 4 wheels deliver gobs of power to the road. The ride is stiff (I prefer in a performance car) but so stable and smooth. This car doesnt wake up until at least 80 mph+ and it rides better as you go faster. Have had the S4 to 140 mph out in the country and felt like more power was available. Recaro seats are comfy for long rides. And of course, the rumble of the pipes catches the attention of folks nearby. Awesome car!!!

Phenominal
By Hawk on 02/02/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The S4 is the most fun car I have ever driven The engine is a beast, with power through the entire range. I chose between the S4 and an M3, I've never looked back.

Never thought I'd love it!
By Margee on 01/01/05 08:19 AM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned three BMW's, an Acura, a Mercedes-Benz, and most recently an Infiniti G35 Coupe. I never even considered buying an Audi until I almost died in my RWD Infiniti last winter in the snow. So, trying to be conservative, I bought the S4. All I can say is HOLY COW!!! The thing is a rocket ship in sheep's clothing. In sport mode, there are few people who can take you at a stop sign. It handles far better than any of my RWD cars and it feels very safe. Haven't had much snow this year yet, but with the winter wheels on, I don't anticipate any problems. Can't see why I'd ever buy anything else.

Would Do It Again
By J on 12/31/04 12:55 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I waited six months to receive my Audi S4 after I ordered it and it was worth the wait. This car does pretty much everything well. It's a very timeless design that will not get old. Very subtle but also a hint of restrained agressiveness. The Recaro seats are sublime and the interior is about as close to perfect as I've seen. It seats four very comfortably and I've taken several long trips with teenagers in the back. No complaints other than no integrated DVD ;-) The power is perfect and is delivered through Audi's quattro. This V8 is very smooth and powerful. The power delivery is very linear and it's hard to keep the speeds down, even when I am trying. The only downside? Gas mileage.

German Muscle Car
By DolphinS4 on 12/29/04 20:20 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Audi S4 is an awesome handling car: quattro, speed sensitive steering, & suspension w/ lightweight components. Its interior is top notch, Better than the BMW M3's. Its gearbox is excellent and the clutch is kind of soft. The V8 rumble sounds better than a raspy inline 6. I was deciding between this car and an M3 and picked the S4 because it has 4-doors, a V8 engine, a superb interior, and the better gearbox. I have nearly 20,000 miles on it already and have not had a single problem. The car runs like a dream and has gobs of power throughout all the gears.

Best Christmas Present I have Ever Had
By Duggers on 12/23/04 20:56 PM (PST)

2004 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have not stopped smiling for 5 days since I purchased my 2005 S4. This car has everything I have ever dreamed of in terms of style , gadgets , comfort & power. Traded my BMW and would not go back for any amount of money. If you are in the market for a performance car you would be a fool if you didn't try the S4. Gas Mileage I can see is going to be low but with the power pack returning 340 bhp who cares. Drive it you'll love it