Used 2004 Audi S4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi S4 Wagon

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

sleeper wagon
By lisainla

2004 Audi S4 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I think that this car was custom made for me by the powers that be. My husband knew he was sunk as soon as I sat in it! The wagon is such a sleeper, just to see the look on the faces of the wanna be racers I blow away on the freeway makes me giddy. Yet, the wagon is extremely versatile. I have 2 large labs that I cart around in the cargo space, with the seats up! I take long trips with the dogs and the car is super comfortable and performs in all types of weather. The seats hug you comfortably and overall the car's performance it stellar. I LOVE IT!! Was gonna hold out for the BMW545it, but glad I didn't.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, braking, handling, seats, excellent cargo capacity for a small wagon, paddles or stick clutchless shifting is great.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a more sturdy cup holder--useful on long trips.

Racecar fun, SUV utility and MPG
By christhegoalie

2004 Audi S4 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I am one of the 10 Americans that LOVE wagons and this one is as good as you can buy. I have the one from the ads, blue w/ blue and black int. Looks awesome. V8 is stellar! (especially after you add the APR complete exhaust sys.) Great brakes (I might even leave them factory!) Decent suspension (likely to upgrade) Downside: Even being super nice I can't get 20 MPG.

Favorite Features

Killer V8 and the music it makes. Cargo capacity, demonic driving in 4 seasons

Suggested Improvements

Most things that need improving (lousy stereo, only decent suspension) I will just upgrade myself (go for complete coil-over setup) but either give me a 5 gallon bigger fuel tank or improve economy into the Hummer range! I fill up every other day!

Best Drive
By gvanpelt

2004 Audi S4 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned several Audis including two high end wagons, a 200 Wagon and a 95 S6 Wagon, both very strong performing cars especially on the highway, but this car is at whole other level. Although the other two wagons were turbos the 340 HP V8 in the S4 is far quicker in any gear at any speed, there is never any turbo lag, step on it and it moves. The S4 is a great highway drive, but it is also has a sporter feel that my older larger Audis. Far and away the best car I have ever owned. I may buy a second.

Favorite Features

V8 engine, Recaro seats, quattro, handling and speed

Suggested Improvements

larger gas tank

Oh What a Feeling!!!
By aamyot

2004 Audi S4 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Unbelievable, smooth and powerful. A joy just to sit in and admire. Smoothest tranny I have ever experienced. Not a day goes by where either the color (Nogaro blue) or the Alacantara recaro (blue) interior doesn't get noticed by a passer-by!

Favorite Features

Awsome interior, powerful V-8, Great handling, and you got to love the nogaro blue! Nice contrast to a Ford Country Squire wagon!!! Excellent dealer experience.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything so far!

Rockin' Rocket of a 4-door!
By AudioFileZ

2004 Audi S4 Wagon Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for about 2.5 months and I still get excited everytime I get in and crank it. My exitement hasn't diminished a bit yet, in fact it has grown as I have learned to drive it (44yrs. old and never shifted gears before can you believe). This car is art. It is an amazing blend of ergonomic creature comfort, great looks, 4-door functionality, and unbelievable performance. It leaves very little left to add to the mix since it is so potent and so driveable.

Favorite Features

4.2 Audi 5-valve V8 Recaro seats Suspension and handling system w/ quattro. Continental tires that stick like glue. XM satelite radio & very good sound system. Sound of engine...ooh is it sweet.

Suggested Improvements

More back seat room Even more deluxe audio with full-screen gps navigation, dvd and sacd audio. back-up warning sonar/laser warning system. Easier to shift smoothly 6-speed tranny.