Used 2004 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi S4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

The perfect all around car
By Joe

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a Audi CPO and only had it a few months but this is the car for me! By far the fastest car I ever owned! Not flashy yet very stylish and gives you the best all around performance. I can pick up my kid from school, plow threw snow and rain, yet take a Porsche Boxster! You start to smile as soon as you start this car up. The rumble of the V-8 is just amazing but it still is quite and refined when you drive at high speeds. The AWD not only helps in the snow but but makes the handling unbelieveable. Even if this car loses grib it quickly corrects itself and keeps you in control. this is my first Audi so I just hope it is reliable because I want to keep it for a long time

The 4.2 liter V-8 and the AWD

Better gas mileage without losing performance

Supercar in a sedan!
By jpez

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought this car as a certified pre-owned. So far I love the car! It is so fast and comfortable to drive! All the luxury I can ever need and fast enough to keep up with most of the sports cars on the road. All with all wheel drive and 4 doors! I can take my daughter to school in it, go through bad weather or run it at the track. This car was made for a family guy like myself who doesn't want to let go of the kid in them!

The rumbling V-8, power, performace, and styling

A few miles per gallon better on gas.

Understated excellence
By Homer742

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2004 S4 for almost two years now (bought w/ 15k miles), sufficient time both to get over any new car puppy love and to notice any reliability issues. Well, I'm still in love and the only reliability issue was a balky sunroof switch that was replaced under warranty. At first glance, it appears to be a mild-mannered A4: solid German engineering in a conservatively styled sedan. But once you've settled into a front seat that holds you tight and heard the V8 grumble to life, you know this is no A4. A few corners at high speed and one highway on-ramp are all that's needed to confirm that you're driving an agile machine that carries speed deceptively well.

Handling. Power. Comfort. Understated styling

Larger back seat Better fuel economy (though this is a small price to pay for the exhilaration of 340 hp and pleasing growl of a V8)

Fun car to own and drive
By Nick

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Car is an everyday car with performance, although a bit heavy. Glad I bought it and has been worth it so far. No major repairs needed as with the other reviewers and I'm just under 30k miles and put 6k on when I bought it used. Have run it through snow, sleet, and rain and it hasn't failed me yet! I would recommend this car if you've got income to spend on it snacking on fuel every opportunity it can get.

Acceleration, Fit and finish, foldable rearseats for extra storage, comfort, handling, ergonomically sound interior

Gas mileage is poor and you have to fill on premium, funky electricals with driver wheel buttons sometimes don't respond and issues with turn signal lights and rear lights going out on a whim then coming back, rear seats are cramp if you're hauling people over 5'7

Never Follow
By greekaudifanatic

2004 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 22 and have now owned 3 audis. Loved my 2000 A6 2.7T for 3 years then looked to get a new Audi. Was first looking for a 2006 A8L which is such a great luxury sedan. I test drove a Dolpin Grey S4 as well on the lot and ever since never wanted to stop driving it. Can't say enough about the whole package, engine is awesome and fit and finish as well.

Taking it on a windy road or just going all out on the highway. And having complete control at all speeds and in all weather - coming from a person who lives in Mass.