Used 2004 Audi S4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Joy of S4
By kc0pah

2004 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Simply a joy to own and to drive. Handles every bit as well as the 2001 TT it replaced, and has 2.5 times the raw power. Wife's MB-CLK430 not built as well nor does it have the smooth power delivery. The S4 out corners and out powers it in head to head spirited driving.

Favorite Features

Quattro, there is no substitute

Suggested Improvements

More aggressive looks

Love my new S4 Cabrio
By KenSchwartz

2004 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is quick off the line with true appeal on turns. The SMG paddle shifters give the control of a stick without the annoyance of a clutch in traffic. Stereo is clear, seats are so comfortable. This thing is just great in turns and loves to jump off the line. I had a 1999 Corvette and I like this more - can't believe I'm saying this. Mine- brilliant red with silver/wood interior.

Favorite Features

The brushed aluminum windshield frame and mirrors, interior wood is real and nice quality. Seats/leather is soft but firm - good for a ride.

Suggested Improvements

Polished wheels as option & other stock wheel options. Stereo could use more umphff with top down. Top is slow Gas tank remote button so attendants don't dig fingers into body to open. Chrome on entire grille facing may be nice. A nice, classy analog clock would be good touch

S4 Cab,,,, the best of all worlds!
By tmS4cab

2004 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Amazing looks, performance, comfort, safety, room for 4 real people, top- down fun and .... all-wheel drive! The 6 spd. stick is precise with crisp, short throws. Keeping engine rpms below 4500 in this break-in period, but there is a ton of torque on hand in any gear! Can't wait to "air it out". Ordered the car back in January and took delivery *exactly* when expected. The Light Silver Alcantra interior is rich and luxurious and contrasts against the Black trim beautifully. Chose the optional Carbon-Fiber trim rather than the dark brown walnut. Ordered mine Moro (dark) Blue with matching Blue top. Car feels *very* solid, hugging the road.

Favorite Features

Powerful V-8, tons of torque. Crisp, precise 6 spd. True throaty exhaust note. Extremely fun-to-drive. Solid feel, safe, comfortable. Classy looks... top-up or top-down. Room for 4. Quattro.. nothing beats all-wheel drive. All weather/ all season vehicle. Superb quality and materials.

Suggested Improvements

Better cupholder (needs to be deeper).

yessir that's my baby
By Sharon

2004 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Sometimes I believe my S4 leaves the road and soars through the air! It glides around corners, stops on a dime and is always willing to go faster than I am. It is beautiful and I still get excited everytime I slip in behind the wheel. Taking the top down on the freeway is wonderful. Sometimes I feel guilty about the as milage...but, well, what can I say, I'm in LOVE!

This Cab is perfect!!
By S4 CAB in Cali

2004 Audi S4 Convertible quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned the cabriolet for a month now and I must say that it has far surpassed my expectations. The inside of the cabin is just beautiful. The car gets long glances all the time - on the highway, in parking lots, etc. Once you tune the sound system properly, it sounds amazing (the subpar sound had me worried for a while). Power is superb and visibility is not that bad for a Cab. Mileage can be poor if your foot is made of lead, but easy acceleration brings it back to average. But where's the fun in that!!!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, interior cabin (especially at night). Exterior styling. Just about everything.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage.