2002 Audi S4 Consumer Review: Best all around car

2002 Audi S4 - Consumer Review

quattro Sedan (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Best all around car
By Dave Sanborn on

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently went through the experience of having our 1st child and after 6 months realized that a stable of 2 Porsches wasn't working very well. I have always been a Porsche fanatic and owned a 930 turbo and a Boxster. Knowing that I needed to buy a more practical car but realizing I wouldn't be happy with less performance, I stumbled across the Audi S4. This car is the very best all around car that is on the market. It offers a stock 250hp twin turbo engine (which can easily be tuned to 310hp) with a max torque at 1850rpms. This thing shoots off the line and handles corners like a Porsche. It's also very comfortable, fits a baby seat in the backseat, has 4 doors, huge trunk, and can handle snow.

Power, performance, comfort, and all-wheel-drive. The price was fantastic for a used vehicle (never ever buy a new car!!). The twin turbos perform excellently and the car is a blast to drive. Very understated design that doesn't draw a lot of attention. Comes fully loaded with all options.

The throttle body boot and bypass valves need to be replaced. You'll have to do this on any S4 you buy. About $180 in parts.