Used 2002 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

you just wouldnt understand
By sicks4

2002 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

i did my homework and checked everything that came close to comparing. Nothing matches the feel of driving this car, its handling and design make it the perfect combination of luxury and power. if you havent driven one you couldnt possibly understand. nothing else compares

interior styling, aggressive appearence, luxurious interior and response to the driver

it definitely needs bigger wheels, i suggest 18's possibly mille miglia... nothing cheap would do it justice

Great Car
By spark888

2002 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Audi and I love it. Great power and handling. Most fun car I have ever driven.

turbos = 0-60... fast!

none major

can they improve it?
By peritel

2002 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd Audi. I got one of the last S4s. I won't give it up easily. There is not much I would change, it has the classis A4 shape and proportions. I pray for cool wet days to humiliate just about anything else on the road. Yet I can take it to a business meeting and impress anyone. As always paint is awesome and the fit and finish of the interior is great.

puzzled look of camero drivers being blown away by 4 door sedan

Bring it back.

"Silken Rocket" as dubbed by AUDI
By carpon

2002 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car based upon a comparison with the BMW 3 series. The 3 series felt cheap on the inside as compared with the S4. This car has it all for the price. The turbo responds instantly, when you punch the gas it's gone. Passing other vehicles has become a full time occupation.

The best feature in my opinion is the engine. It pumps power like a fire hose.

The stock wheels need to be replaced. If you live in snowy weather, change the tires too. I bought BBS wheels w/ Pirelli 7000.

S4 Review
By RockyJohnson

2002 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking to purchase a vehicle to replace my huge 2001 GMC Yukon XL with a bit better milage and more performance. I looked into the S4, the 330xi, the IS300, and the Subaru Impreza WRX. None of them compared to the S4. The performance and smoothness of the S4 blew all of them out of the water except the Impreza WRX, but the build quality of the S4 made that difference quickly. The dealer service has been excellent, though the oil changes are a but infrequent.

With a GIAC X Chip, the power is amazing, and there have been no reliability problems yet. The handling is excellent as well.

The shifter is horrible. It doesn't shift well in cold weather, and never does a performace 1-2 or a smooth 2-1 shift. I also expected better milage than 21mpg average with the turbo V6. For someone that really likes music, skip the Monsoon and put in your own aftermarket stereo.