2002 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
Simply a Blast!
By S4driver on 02/19/07 15:38 PM (PST)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great vehicle! First Audi I've owned. Comfortable, fast and not too flashy. Was looking for an A8 at the time. Came across the S4 and drove it home. So far, the most fun vehicle I've owned and seems to be as reliable as a Benz. The only qualm is the cost of service is as expensive as Jags. Fortunately it's never in shop though but for the scheduled intervals (every 10000 miles... awesome!). I've come to the conclusion that the next vehicle upgrade will be for another S4!

One great Audi!
By EL on 11/02/05 21:52 PM (PST)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is an all around great car. It's an absolute blast to drive, and you can blow away most cars you'll encouter at the red light on your way home from the grocery store. Plus, it's just a little bit different, which is always good.

Low quality performer
By TDF on 06/08/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I couldn't be happier with the stock performance of this car. The price to performance and features ratio of this car can't be beat, and simple upgrades can make this car truly track ready. In the Northeast or snowy climes, no car on the road can touch it (B6 S4 and RS 6 aside). But quality, reliability, and dealer service is absolutely brutal. Electrical system problems are Audi's specialty, but I have also had problems with everything from rattles to rivets popping to coolant pumps failing to leather spalling to ... Service quality and knowledge from dealers is poor (e.g. Audi service does not feel it's necessary to rotate tires).

Best all around car
By Dave Sanborn on 05/17/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently went through the experience of having our 1st child and after 6 months realized that a stable of 2 Porsches wasn't working very well. I have always been a Porsche fanatic and owned a 930 turbo and a Boxster. Knowing that I needed to buy a more practical car but realizing I wouldn't be happy with less performance, I stumbled across the Audi S4. This car is the very best all around car that is on the market. It offers a stock 250hp twin turbo engine (which can easily be tuned to 310hp) with a max torque at 1850rpms. This thing shoots off the line and handles corners like a Porsche. It's also very comfortable, fits a baby seat in the backseat, has 4 doors, huge trunk, and can handle snow.

The perfect car
By Sigep112 on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a blast to drive! Great interior quality. I purchased used (w/ 10,000 miles) and have not had any reliability issues to date. Very few S4's on the road, so it's great driving a unique car. I have no complaints so far (except for the poor gas mileage), and would HIGHLY recommend to anyone interested in a used B5 S4.

you just wouldnt understand
By sicks4 on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

i did my homework and checked everything that came close to comparing. Nothing matches the feel of driving this car, its handling and design make it the perfect combination of luxury and power. if you havent driven one you couldnt possibly understand. nothing else compares

Great Car
By spark888 on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Audi and I love it. Great power and handling. Most fun car I have ever driven.

can they improve it?
By peritel on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd Audi. I got one of the last S4s. I won't give it up easily. There is not much I would change, it has the classis A4 shape and proportions. I pray for cool wet days to humiliate just about anything else on the road. Yet I can take it to a business meeting and impress anyone. As always paint is awesome and the fit and finish of the interior is great.

"Silken Rocket" as dubbed by AUDI
By carpon on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car based upon a comparison with the BMW 3 series. The 3 series felt cheap on the inside as compared with the S4. This car has it all for the price. The turbo responds instantly, when you punch the gas it's gone. Passing other vehicles has become a full time occupation.

S4 Review
By RockyJohnson on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi S4 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking to purchase a vehicle to replace my huge 2001 GMC Yukon XL with a bit better milage and more performance. I looked into the S4, the 330xi, the IS300, and the Subaru Impreza WRX. None of them compared to the S4. The performance and smoothness of the S4 blew all of them out of the water except the Impreza WRX, but the build quality of the S4 made that difference quickly. The dealer service has been excellent, though the oil changes are a but infrequent.