2001 Audi S4 Consumer Review: A good alternative to an SUV

2001 Audi S4 - Consumer Review

Avant quattro Wagon (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

A good alternative to an SUV
By APB_S4 on

2001 Audi S4 Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I own an 4-Runner and a '00 Boxster, but I need another car (Since Boxster's lease is ending shortly, and my mother wants to use the 4-Runner, plus, I am getting marry soon.) I pick the S4 because: 1) Fast, with a Chipped ECU it can get you over 300 hp and 350 tq/ft 2) 4WD, no need to worry about weather 3) Rich in features: comes with Bose stereo system, heated and 8-way power seat, glass sun roof, all dim mirrors, roof bike rack, ESP, etc. 4) Space is about the same compare to BMW and a bit better then IS300 in terms of cabin and rear trunk space. Compares with 325i Wagon or IS300 Wagon, I think this is a better buy ($$ vs features, comfort and power).

1) Lots of power and torque. 2) Comfortable Seat design (comfortable yet wrap around your body nice and secure). 3) Rich in feature - bose stereo, sun roof, bike rack, dim mirror, heated + 8 way power seats, ESP, etc.

1) Need better By Pass Valve 2) Some small rattle noise from behind the seat. (easy fix under warranty) 3) Could use more rear space but 4 is ok 4) Suspension - I thought I was spoiled by Boxster, but after compare with others, Audi is the softest. So I changed wheels and spring/shocks.