2001 Audi S4 Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)
I own an 4-Runner and a '00 Boxster,
but I need another car (Since Boxster's
lease is ending shortly, and my mother
wants to use the 4-Runner, plus, I am
getting marry soon.)
I pick the S4 because:
1) Fast, with a Chipped ECU it can get
you over 300 hp and 350 tq/ft
2) 4WD, no need to worry about weather
3) Rich in features: comes with Bose
stereo system, heated and 8-way power
seat, glass sun roof, all dim mirrors,
roof bike rack, ESP, etc.
4) Space is about the same compare to
BMW and a bit better then IS300 in
terms of cabin and rear trunk space.
Compares with 325i Wagon or IS300
Wagon, I think this is a better buy ($$
vs features, comfort and power).
1) Lots of power and torque.
2) Comfortable Seat design (comfortable
yet wrap around your body nice and
3) Rich in feature - bose stereo, sun
roof, bike rack, dim mirror, heated + 8
way power seats, ESP, etc.
1) Need better By Pass Valve
2) Some small rattle noise from behind
the seat. (easy fix under warranty)
3) Could use more rear space but 4 is ok
4) Suspension - I thought I was spoiled
by Boxster, but after compare with
others, Audi is the softest. So I
changed wheels and spring/shocks.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.