2001 Audi S4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Avant quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )
A good alternative to an SUV
By APB_S4 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi S4 Wagon Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I own an 4-Runner and a '00 Boxster, but I need another car (Since Boxster's lease is ending shortly, and my mother wants to use the 4-Runner, plus, I am getting marry soon.) I pick the S4 because: 1) Fast, with a Chipped ECU it can get you over 300 hp and 350 tq/ft 2) 4WD, no need to worry about weather 3) Rich in features: comes with Bose stereo system, heated and 8-way power seat, glass sun roof, all dim mirrors, roof bike rack, ESP, etc. 4) Space is about the same compare to BMW and a bit better then IS300 in terms of cabin and rear trunk space. Compares with 325i Wagon or IS300 Wagon, I think this is a better buy ($$ vs features, comfort and power).

living with an S4 AVANT
By c o guy on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi S4 Wagon Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I went from an A4 avant to an S4 avant by accident. I visited the dealership to purchase some touch-up paint for the A4...a friend there asked me If I liked the S4, to which I replied yes except for the shift linkage. He tossed me the keys to an S4 AVANT Tip and said "go drive this for a while" well after an hour I ended up with a new car! It has been flawless for me and is great fun to drive. most people dont realize that a little eurpoean stationwagon can turn in a sub 6 second 0-60 time. It performs flawlessly in daily city driving as well as extended road trips. If it has a flaw it would be that at 120 mph you feel like you are doing 60. I LOVE this car!

S4
By Suckas on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi S4 Wagon Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car iz so wonderful to drive, a lot od power, stabability, control and it can be compared with almost any car from the M3 and down, the new one will be a great competition with the m5.

performance machine
By mbloom on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi S4 Wagon Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

tremendous acceleration when you hit it, can carry the groceries, bikes, kayaks, and get through snow with ease. and all around great performer than is fun to drive. Opt for the standard six spped which is smooth as silk.

No Compromise
By Fess on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi S4 Wagon Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had this rocket sled for just under a year and couldn't be happier with the purchase. It flies. It takes corners like it's teathered to the apex. It stops. It holds tons of stuff (particularly with the rear seats down).

It Kicks
By oxnox on 02/27/02 16:40 PM (PST)

2001 Audi S4 Wagon Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Amazing car! Extreemly tuneable engine. Not as high performance as an M but much more practicle and accessable.