2000 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD - (0 review )
So far so good
By Sam Dushkin on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my S4 in July of 2000. After the break in period I started to really let it out, and boy what a blast! The car handles beautifully! The S4 desperately wants to cruise at 80mph all day, and you have to practice serious restraint to maintain responsible driving practice. Since 2000 I have only had a problem 2 minor problems: 1)The horn, which after a good prolonged blast (think: NYC traffic)looses "pressure" and is rendered inoperative - I've "fixed" it twice so far. 2)The low profile Bridgestone Potenza tires that came with the 2000 model are not suitable for winter driving. Even with Quattro!

A wolf in sheepÂ’s clothing
By tonyatcovista on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have owned a lot of cars through my years and this is the only car that makes me feel like the day one feels the first day they pick up a new car. The S4 is not a (deep) snow car nor is an off road car but a car that can rocket you out of a turn like no other turbo I have ever owned or driven. This car is an absolute must. Get one now

Best I ever had - Fun and practicality
By Ron O on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Every aspect of the car is well thought out. The factory is very cooperative. The quattro is great in wet or snow.

3 Years of Bliss
By STurn on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my S4 new, sight unseen. The very first time I drove it I was struck by how smooth the car felt. The shifting, the steering, the HVAC and radio controls and the ride, everything felt smooth, well controled, solid. It is still a superior automobile with few flaws. The car tends to understeer at the limit (which is very high), the shifter has a very smooth solid action but feels vague shifting to 2nd and 3rd. The backseat lacks legroom for tall passengers. Overall though this car is excellent, easily superior to the BMW M3 is terms of overall performance driving to and from work. But if you do track events...

AUDI s4
By AliasAlias on 02/27/02 11:06 AM (PST)

This Car is A great Car