2000 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD - (45 reviews )
Beats my BMW
By carlylsdad on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Love this car! Bought it new in 2000 after test driving it.....the salesman said I'd buy it and he was right! Have 50,000 miles on it and the only trouble was a wheel bearing at 36000 miles. Still drives like new. Put a Garrett Industries chip in it and it has 310hp and will drive up a wall with the 4wd. Great in snow with 4 snow tires and in the summer with 4 performance tires. Beats the pants of my old 540 BMW at 15 grand less!

Stealthy, wild & fun
By yobblue on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Have loved my S4 since March 04' - would have chosen stick, but couldn't wait to have one. I am just as happy with this car since day 1. No problems. Fast! Diplay panel is like jet dashboard - lights up red, and all passengers comment. I am still finding features I didn't know existed on the car. For winter geo's - must have winter tires! Perf's only during other seasons- dont mix with all season - you lose the experience.

Fundamental design flaw
By Florida Owner on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

There is a reason Audi stopped selling ars with the 2.7 liter engine. The engine is flawed BY DESIGN. The 2000-2002 S4s (B5 platform) all came with K03 turbo chargers. Given the way the 2.7 liter engine in the S4 was designed, this turbo does not have adequate cooling to prolong it's life. IT WILL FAIL, even if you don't race or chip the car. When the turbos fail, it requires removal of ENTIRE ENGINE to replace them. This is close to $6000 in labor and parts. The problem can be avoided in the future by replacing the K03 with K04 turbos, but it's expensive. This flawed design has contributed to the lousy resale value. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! STAY AWAY!

Love my S4
By jprny on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This has been the best car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, but with the comfort, solidity, etc. you expect from a 40k car. 52000 miles & I still absolutely love the car.

Practicality was never so much fun!
By jatwrite on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The S4 is an outstanding overall vehicle for someone who likes to have fun driving but has practical needs too -- like a fold-down rear seat, decent trunk, four doors, etc. Also fun to modify: for $600 I bought a chip (APR) that adds 58 hp and 100 lb ft of torque, making torque 358!!! Quarter mile under 14 yet still a comfortable ride.

s4best of the best
By dusan on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

like street racer and also audi's big lover I can only say BEST OF THE BEST also I can say audi is my life.

fast four door
By jay chaudry on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

best four door sedan i ever own.better than m3 and amg benz.faster than porsche boxter and honda s2000.

Great Car
By PNF on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a great car. I have owned other high performance vehicles in the past (C4 Vette) and I have found that I enoy this one the most. The combination of practicality and high performance is unbeatable. I would recommend this car to anyone who is serious about owning a high quality, thoroughly enjoyable daily driver. Audi was crazy for stopping production of this one!

Best Car I 've Ever had
By SHA on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Fast, dependable, great to drive, classy, GREAT service, wouldn't trade it for anything: NO problmes of any kind - 26,000miles

e(S)tatic about the S4
By karshopper on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Unbelieveable car!!! Has tons of torque and tons of control. It rides a little softer than the M3 (good or bad based on the persons choice). The car is subdued for a "sports" sedan when you talk about exhaust note. Again, plus or minus depending on the owner. The Quattro is the best in the industry but because of the perf. focus of the car you need snow tire for the really foul weather (1-1/2 more of snow). The trunk space is good and again larger than its main competitor (the M3). The S4 is a amazing car with no turbo lag and almost limitless potential with small modifications.